Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Smoke dome cover is nice for business and home owners who want their camera to be discreet and not cause resentment when the camera do the auto tracking. And also make it difficult for the criminals to guess where the camera is pointing at. That's a nice option to have for this camera. :thumb:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Smoke dome cover is nice for business and home owners who want their camera to be discreet and not cause resentment when the camera do the auto tracking. And also make it difficult for the criminals to guess where the camera is pointing at. That's a nice option to have for this camera. :thumb:
This PTZ is different than other mini ptz.
The whole housing turns, so you will always see it moving when looking at it.

Other dome'd mini ptz moves only under the dome

Also IR will always tell you where its pointing to.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Seeing the camera housing moving is one thing, but it will still be difficult to know where the camera's lens is pointing at with the smoke dome cover though.

You don't need IR during the day time, that's when people notice where the camera lens is pointing at most of the time. Plus some people can run color at night because they have enough light outside. I run all my cameras facing the front of the house 24/7 full color.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The design of the original dome is such that unless someone is within 5 feet of it they won't see which way it is facing anyway. The smoked will work well for a business that has several of these installed in ceilings, but for most homeowners with it outside, it won't add much.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem with mounting something like that outside under an eave is, depending on the roof and view, being able to get down and out far enough that you don't have IR glare and sometimes things in view depending on construction and camera angle. Even with a regular turret that can be harder than it might seem. You really want to get lower and out to the edge as far as you can to be clear of all that including facia, trim and guttering, etc., that may hang a little lower. With an angled roof you start to run out of area above to stuff much of anything. Would look nice if you have a case where you can do it.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

The whole housing doesn't turn. Only the dome and the black ring around the dome. The main part of the housing stays stationary. And even with the dome and ring rotating, it's not easy to see. It's relatively smoot hand it's black and not really glossy. So even though it's turning, it doesn't provide a good frame of reference to be able to tell that it's turning, especially during the day. At night, you can more easily see the ir lights following you. But you would see that even if the dome didn't move.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey folks

Can somebody confirm for me to see if it is just me or is a limitation of the camera or bug?

Right now, I i have 5 "Time Frames" , when I tried to add the 6th one, I'm unable to add it. Is the max only 5? I tried both chrome, and IE. Same thing. Only able to add up to 5.

Another off topic question, for IVS rule, is it 4 max? I can't add more then 4 vs for 4KT, I can add more then 4.

Time.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks

Can somebody confirm for me to see if it is just me or is a limitation of the camera or bug?

Right now, I i have 5 "Time Frames" , when I tried to add the 6th one, I'm unable to add it. Is the max only 5? I tried both chrome, and IE. Same thing. Only able to add up to 5.

Another off topic question, for IVS rule, is it 4 max? I can't add more then 4 vs for 4KT, I can add more then 4.

View attachment 173694
I suspect it is a limitation of the camera.

Clark Griswald

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your installation is so clean that my wife said this is the only mount she approves of using for our MiniPTZ.
Andy's store has the PFB203W mounts for my Color4k-T180s and Color4K-T, and the mount you used would match perfectly. Does anyone know if there are any mounts for this camera that are similar to the PFB211w that do not require any modifications? Specifically, my wife disapproved of the "arm-mounts", since it would look so awkward compared to the more discrete "arm-less" mount.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your installation is so clean that my wife said this is the only mount she approves of using for our MiniPTZ.
Andy's store has the PFB203W mounts for my Color4k-T180s and Color4K-T, and the mount you used would match perfectly. Does anyone know if there are any mounts for this camera that are similar to the PFB211w that do not require any modifications? Specifically, my wife disapproved of the "arm-mounts", since it would look so awkward compared to the more discrete "arm-less" mount.
Maybe is not such a good idea showing duplo's camera installation picture to your wife. Anything not match or better is a no go for you now. :facepalm:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey folks

View attachment 173694
It seems like every camera model have different limits of how many Time Frames you can set. I just tried on the IPC-Color4K-T180 and SD5A825GA-HNR ptz and both max is 6 time frames.

Clark Griswald

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe is not such a good idea showing duplo's camera installation picture to your wife. Anything not match or better is a no go for you now. :facepalm:
At least she approves of the cameras, and I don't feel dirty looking at the camera forum thinking "one day i can get a camera, too!"
I want to put the PTZ on the front corner eave of our house, and I'm trying to keep the camera installations looking cohesive and fluid.