Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering why I have these two left & right stripes going through the night picture? Not something I've seen on anyone else's night shots. However, I should say that where I am it is total darkness, no lights whatsoever.
I just got this camera and experienced the same left and right stripes through the picture at night. This camera is on the back of my house. On the front of my house I have an Empire Tech PTZ SD49425XB-HNR and the night vision in complete darkness is pretty impressive. I was hoping for the same with the SD4A425DB-HNY. I just updated the firmware so I will see if that makes a difference. I like to use my PTZ cams at night because that's when all the cool critters come out to play. My PTZ cams are basically for entertainment purposes so good night vision is important. I would have just bought a 2nd SD49425XB-HNR because they aren't much more but the location is a bit cramped on the back of the house.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You can add some external IR and either use that alone or to add more IR and eliminate most of the shading. I don’t really see it much how mine is set up.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can add some external IR and either use that alone or to add more IR and eliminate most of the shading. I don’t really see it much how mine is set up.
Kind of wishing I would have gone with a 2nd SD49425XB-HNR because it has stellar night vision. The pic is from my SD49425XB-HNR with no extra lighting. That's zoomed in from about 180 feet away.
Screenshot_20230421_205150_Blue Iris.jpg

Last edited:

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the stripes mentioned above. Plus other reflections off the dome. This is complete darkness. I tried every setting I can think of and nothing really helps. It seems to be the nature of the camera having a dome. stripes.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your pics, The only light on the camera is the IR, no other light right? PTZ at all angle have same stripes Just get you a DM, we need a short video via DAV format to analysis.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your pics, The only light on the camera is the IR, no other light right? PTZ at all angle have same stripes Just get you a DM, we need a short video via DAV format to analysis.
Correct, just IR light. The striping is there panning left and right as well as up and down. If I zoom in about 30% (beyond the stripes) the picture looks fine.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Keizer

I make some further talking with engineer and @jmcu , this cam has some speical design on the dome make washout not happen.
Look at the dome cover. It is painted placket, only have a narrow view,Painted black. This is so you don't get the reflection like you do with most dome cameras, so this is a special design, if use the normal design way, the dome one will be badly wash out. So at low light dark place,Will show middle more IR.

1687944049522.png

For the another stripes on the top right of the video, mainly because of the right reflection, not sure this is a light or some glasss surface reflect the IR.

1687944190366.png

So the solutions have 2

1.Change the localtion of this cam, far away from something that refelct.
2.In the deep dark place if want all wide IR, Change the cam to the black face SD49425XB-HNR. MINI Dome cam have some limit on its structure. But if install the black face camera here will also have some reflection too, so still need to install the cams to more left side.

Remember install IR cams better not install some place that can direct reflect.

Gutter collects rain water from roof is the main effect the IR night pics you show.

1687944812172.png

Last edited:

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Keizer

I make some further talking with engineer and @jmcu , this cam has some speical design on the dome make washout not happen.
Look at the dome cover. It is painted placket, only have a narrow view,Painted black. This is so you don't get the reflection like you do with most dome cameras, so this is a special design, if use the normal design way, the dome one will be badly wash out. So at low light dark place,Will show middle more IR.

View attachment 166432

For the another stripes on the top right of the video, mainly because of the right reflection, not sure this is a light or some glasss surface reflect the IR.

View attachment 166433

So the solutions have 2

1.Change the localtion of this cam, far away from something that refelct.
2.In the deep dark place if want all wide IR, Change the cam to the black face SD49425XB-HNR. MINI Dome cam have some limit on its structure. But if install the black face camera here will also have some reflection too, so still need to install the cams to more left side.

Remember install IR cams better not install some place that can direct reflect.

Gutter collects rain water from roof is the main effect the IR night pics you show.

View attachment 166437
That all makes sense. I may have to take the gutters off the house..........just kidding. Thanks for all the assistance Andy!!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me get AI to ignore cars. I adjusted max size down but still picks up cars that my other cam is already getting. I'm sure I'll figure it out.
You need need to uncheck the vehicle box in the camera GUI under IVS rules - this has nothing to do with BI unless you are using CodeProject.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the stripes mentioned above. Plus other reflections off the dome. This is complete darkness. I tried every setting I can think of and nothing really helps. It seems to be the nature of the camera having a dome. View attachment 166422
Yeah that is picking up reflection from somewhere.

I posted somewhere in these 29 pages that I believe they have focused the IR to be in the center of the frame to get as much IR to the subject as possible due to the mini size of this PTZ. As you point out, once it zooms in the darker left and right is gone.

It takes some getting used to, but the reality is we shouldn't trying to IDENTIFY anything in the left or right area anyway, so I would rather have a more focused IR onto the center of the screen.

You could always add external IR if it bothers you that bad LOL :lmao:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are all unchecked.
Confirm they are in each one. Sometimes we add one and forget to uncheck.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Consider moving the rules in a bit. The camera needs time to see the object and decide if it will trigger or not.

And maybe at that tight of zoom it is seeing the person in the car and actually triggering on that?

Do you have an SD card in the camera that you can playback with IVS rules on to see if the box is around the car or the person when it triggers?

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Confirm they are in each one. Sometimes we add one and forget to uncheck.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Consider moving the rules in a bit. The camera needs time to see the object and decide if it will trigger or not.

And maybe at that tight of zoom it is seeing the person in the car and actually triggering on that?

Do you have an SD card in the camera that you can playback with IVS rules on to see if the box is around the car or the person when it triggers?
I'm using Edge in IE mode, that's the only one that would allow plugin install and draw more than 3 tripwire lines. I didn't install a SD card because I didn't think I needed one. I also wish I would have done a factory reset before I installed on the wall. I'm actually zoomed all the way out in the home position. I'll try moving the rules away from the edge some. Thanks for your help.