Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that under the hood, using Edge with IE mode could be changing something that doesn't show on the GUI.

You can factory reset it from the GUI. Unfortunately you can't do that with an SD card LOL.

Folks with PTZs and big proponents of putting SD cards in them so that you can playback why tracking missed or tracked wrong, etc.

Your only option now would be to watch it live in the camera GUI with the IVS rules on and see is the box the whole car or just around a person when it triggers.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that under the hood, using Edge with IE mode could be changing something that doesn't show on the GUI.

You can factory reset it from the GUI. Unfortunately you can't do that with an SD card LOL.

Folks with PTZs and big proponents of putting SD cards in them so that you can playback why tracking missed or tracked wrong, etc.

Your only option now would be to watch it live in the camera GUI with the IVS rules on and see is the box the whole car or just around a person when it triggers.
I ran the GUI in Firefox and it didn't complain about a plugin this time. Viewed and re-saved all rules. It immediately triggered on the Amazon truck. Are the yellow boxes indicating that AI is still looking for cars?

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the stripes mentioned above. Plus other reflections off the dome. This is complete darkness. I tried every setting I can think of and nothing really helps. It seems to be the nature of the camera having a dome. View attachment 166422
I would try one of these:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ran the GUI in Firefox and it didn't complain about a plugin this time. Viewed and re-saved all rules. It immediately triggered on the Amazon truck. Are the yellow boxes indicating that AI is still looking for cars?
The yellow boxes simply means objects that it is looking at and deciding what it is. Mine is just for people and I get the yellow box around cars, mailboxes, stop signs, etc.

When the box turned red (trigger) was it the whole box around the amazon truck or was it just the passenger window where it got the person?

I have that tight of view (and tighter) and mine only triggers for people, so I have to wonder if using a browser other than Explorer is an issue at play.

Another option would be to back the zoom out a bit and see if it still struggles.

What speed are the cars going by? I will get an occasional vehicle track if they go by slowly.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of SD cards, has anyone been able to use a larger card in these? I have a 128 GB card that only comes out to 29.11 GB when formating in the cam. Samsung card bought off the shelf at Microcenter. It does work and save pics/video. Haven't tested to see if I can go beyond the 29 GB reported.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not taking this thread off topic but I was wondering if anyone know where to buy prosumer grade IR Illuminator?

Like how we can get prosumer grade cams from Andy :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I fixed some wierdness with ptz lag on this camera by grabbing the mcu file for the camera from dahuas site under the firmware tab. It updated the ptz core software to

V2.401.0000001.57.RHNDG_221213_43548
Is this older firmware then what is posted here from EmpireTech?

link to download SD4A425DB-HNY

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would try one of these:

With a PTZ cam wouldn't you need several since the cam will be panning left to right?

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I feel like the current built in IR is a bit weak. I do have the Tendelux one. It does the job but when you go down the rabbit hole, I want a more powerful IR illuminator lol

How pro- vs -sumer do you need? The little Tendelux illuminators work pretty well for ~$30-$45. Not as nice as the Axton and better but good for what they are.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Questions to all users of this model:

How you see possibility to use this PTZ upside-down (on flat roof)?
How good seals inside are?
Does this camera have any ventilation / coolers inside?

I known - this is not a position system - but it is cheap for quality & value - I can risk...

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I known - this is not a position system - but it is cheap for quality & value - I can risk...
I'd fashion some kind of holder for the camera that would fasten to the flat roof and hold the camera correctly. There is a small fan that you can see inside the camera for cooling.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I wouldn't use it upside down. It wasn't designed for that type of operation.

There is a fan that you can hear running with the dome off.

The range of motion wouldn't be very good either as the upward tilt (that would now be the downward tilt) is only 5 degrees, so it would only see things above the PTZ.

Further, a dome on the top would collect so much rain spots and dust and dirt.

If you want the ability to look straight up, this is the better choice:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like the current built in IR is a bit weak. I do have the Tendelux one. It does the job but when you go down the rabbit hole, I want a more powerful IR illuminator lol
If I am spending the money of an Axton, I am going straight to them to custom make one to my needs for my field of view.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because this is a dome somehow have to ask:

if i mount it flat to a wall rain should drop to the lowest point.. i think this shouldnt be a problem.. ?

but what about sun ?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
If I am spending the money of an Axton, I am going straight to them to custom make one to my needs for my field of view.
Pretty much what I did with mine. They offer a multitude of illumination angles and I picked their spot light version with a 10 degree angle.