RG59 to RJ-45 Adapters?

Ballistic

n3wb
Reaction score
Wanting to upgrade my current system, right now all my cameras are ran with high quality RG59 (Coax and power line). And im wanting to upgrade to some 1080p 3MP hik vision cameras, Im wondering if there is a good adapter system that works with coax RG59 to Ethernet/RJ45?

Thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
well; in short an adapter no.. not going to happen; you can get devices that modulate a signal over coax for ethernet networking but they are not affordable and feature rich as ethernet, not a good option unless replacing RG59 with CAT6 is extremely expensive, there made for a niche market of renters in high density apartments with crappy WiFi..

Using adapters is just a band-aid as once you go digital your not going back to analogue.. best option is just to tie some cat6 cable to the end of the coax and start pulling :)

http://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Extender-Security-Transmitting-Distance/dp/B00CKY6KEO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=154YXYFX4R03K5KW BZ2J

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ballistic

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright thanks once i put aside enough money for a QNAP 8-Bay ill start the switch by pulling new lines..

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well; in short an adapter no.. not going to happen; you can get devices that modulate a signal over coax for ethernet networking but they are not affordable and feature rich as ethernet, not a good option unless replacing RG59 with CAT6 is extremely expensive, there made for a niche market of renters in high density apartments with crappy WiFi..

Using adapters is just a band-aid as once you go digital your not going back to analogue.. best option is just to tie some cat6 cable to the end of the coax and start pulling :)

http://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Extender-Security-Transmitting-Distance/dp/B00CKY6KEO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=154YXYFX4R03K5KW BZ2J
I was wondering if you tried these adapters? I would love to pull old the old coax cable but they are stapled into the framing of the house, so I can't pull it out. I was looking into these and it looks like this might be the most cheapest one out of all, everyone else wanted $500 to $600 for a pair, which is insane if you want to wire up 4 cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried these before?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@n0fx It would be cheaper and more reliable to pay a professional cable puller to run new cables in the wall nice and neat.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@n0fxIt would be cheaper and more reliable to pay a professional cable puller to run new cables in the wall nice and neat.
Yeah, I asked a guy to wire it up but he said the wires were all stapled in between the walls, so it's really difficult to rip it out and repull it with cat 5e in there. All the walls are sealed unfortunately.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I asked a guy to wire it up but he said the wires were all stapled in between the walls, so it's really difficult to rip it out and repull it with cat 5e in there. All the walls are sealed unfortunately.
A professional wire guy and run new cable with almost zero damage (maybe an easily patched hole or two, maybe a bit more depending on the structure)...