Right PC for Blue Iris? HD size question too

Reaction score
is this the right PC for running Blue Iris?

Dell Outlet Refurbished Laptops, Desktops & Servers

Will be running 12 - 16 cameras with 24/7 recording

Also with, let’s say, 12 cameras recording 24/7 what size HD to store 15 days before overwrite? Or should I look into a NAS in conjunction with PC? A couple of the memory need calculators seem off to me. Not looking for exact but a rough idea of size HDD for 15 days storage

Newbie at this but learning lots from this Forum, thanks guys!

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 8, 1080p cams, running 24/7, 15fps, h264 compression Direct to Disk and can store 12-13 days on 6TB purple HD. Wish I went with the 10TB purple HD. May upgrade soon, cause I want store a little more than 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Thanks for the HD info. I was thinking 12TB HD and that falls in line with what you are experiencing.

anyone have an opinion on the PC linked above if this is adequate for running BI? From what I have read it appears to be, but want to make sure before purchasing.

Thanks

Smir

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the HD info. I was thinking 12TB HD and that falls in line with what you are experiencing.

anyone have an opinion on the PC linked above if this is adequate for running BI? From what I have read it appears to be, but want to make sure before purchasing.

Thanks
just takes me to a blank page, Blue Iris itself is extremely lightweight.