Ring Access?

RAMCO

n3wb
Reaction score
Am new to BI and HikVision.
I ran into an interesting situation with some what I assume are "private" label Hikvision cameras I just bought at auction. Older SADP worked to reset pwd and allow me to change IP.
Label on cam says model INC-MP20V, web relates that to ILDVR.
When I web in I put in user / pwd and hit login and it does nothing. So I did a port scan on the device and the manufacture shows ring access inc.
Not being familiar is HikVision a sub of Ring or are / were they using them to make cameras for them?
Attached is the scan...

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Am new to BI and HikVision.
I ran into an interesting situation with some what I assume are "private" label Hikvision cameras I just bought at auction. Older SADP worked to reset pwd and allow me to change IP.
Label on cam says model INC-MP20V, web relates that to ILDVR.
When I web in I put in user / pwd and hit login and it does nothing. So I did a port scan on the device and the manufacture shows ring access inc.
Not being familiar is HikVision a sub of Ring or are / were they using them to make cameras for them?
Attached is the scan...
Hikvision and Ring (the doorbell/camera and alarm company) are not and never were related in any way. Ring access inc. is an unrelated entity with a similar name.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It's just finding that based on 00:40:40 in the MAC address from a lookup of the vendor to which that number range was assigned. No idea why Hikvision would be using it. They may have acquired that range in some way. As above, not the same Ring.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can see two INC branded IP cameras in a IP ISpy Connect database. No mention of Hikvision.

The software here ==> is proprietary.

1 - INC-MP30VC-280
2 - MP20V

It could be a Ring based chipset on the camera in question.

Personally if it does what you want it to do then it should be OK (RTSP, ONVIF and JPG)