Ring Door Bells Work!!

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My neighbor apparently had several packages on their porch, and noticed someone had come up onto the porch, saw the doorbell camera, and left. The did get a blurry photo of the perp and his car.

My cameras figured out that they came down the street, slowed to almost a stop, presumably seeing the packages, turned around, came back by, went around the block, and came back and went up on the porch. They left without taking anything after seeing the Ring camera. So Ring cameras do work! Of course, it was the T5241E-Z12 that caught his license plate for the cops. :lmao:

I also figured out that the focus on the 5241 has apparently drifted and needed to be slightly reset. But, it still got the tag! I use the SunriseSunset utility, but the focus has drifted slightly.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
do you know why this happens ? have this on one camera and think about a crontab which autofocus once a week
I have no idea, but I also am hardly an expert at this. I struggle to get them to focus well when zoomed in. I use the sunrise utility which sets focus and zoom each sunrise and sunset.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine seems to work good at this location /angle/lighting application.
It cant see much, so it's not trying to focus too much, just on the on Asphalt.
when I try and see higher, it tries to focus on other things like parked cars. It's set at 1/2000 for both day and night. I could actually leave it on 1/2000 Night mode 24hrs a day.Screenshot 2021-11-18 133015.pngScreenshot 2021-11-19 123733.pngScreenshot 2021-11-19 124154.png

Last edited: