Rintime error 7 "out of memory"

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So what Visual C++ is required for this app? It will not start it seems there is a dependency that may be corrupt or missing.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
For BIT? None. But certain DLL and OCX files are required. Please download and extract these files to the BIT directory, overwriting any files that are prompted - Error files only for issues

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, did that ,same error. I was removing some old Visual C++ redistrubutions, I guess it broke something here.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm, installed both x86 & 64, same error, very odd, I must have really broke something here. I was removing old C++ RD pkgs from 2005 - 2015, I have so many versions, tried to just keep the 2015's & now with 2013 & 2015 both x86 & 64, no go, even with reboot & the error files you suggested I download, install / over write.
Everything else on the system is working fine, just not this app.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Weird....You could always try to revert to a previous restore point, but you will lose data. You may just want to try installing what you uninstalled, starting with the earliest packages.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll look into it some more. I took the old packages out as they are no longer supported / updated & will not get updates (i.e. security) hence the removal.
thks for the quick response & help.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll look into it some more. I took the old packages out as they are no longer supported / updated & will not get updates (i.e. security) hence the removal.
thks for the quick response & help.
Good luck, please post here when you fix the issue in case others experience the same thing.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fixed ... yeah a simple copy of new files wouldn't do, had to uninstall, do the FULL reinstall (I assume to register DLL / OCX files), I had enough brains to copy the settings INI file out, copy back in, so I managed to keep all that intact. Painless fix really, was trying to avoid the simple & obvious, but the settings file, keeping that saved me a lot of grief (& remembering to install into the EXACT same folder of original install, as I had moved it off it's default location).

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed ... yeah a simple copy of new files wouldn't do, had to uninstall, do the FULL reinstall (I assume to register DLL / OCX files), I had enough brains to copy the settings INI file out, copy back in, so I managed to keep all that intact. Painless fix really, was trying to avoid the simple & obvious, but the settings file, keeping that saved me a lot of grief (& remembering to install into the EXACT same folder of original install, as I had moved it off it's default location).
Glad to hear!