RJ45 crimper and connector suggestions

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are correct, "Time is money". I find it faster to use a regular connector, but then I ALWAYS spend the time to check all connections, carryover from 42 years telecommunication work.

Rednick69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I invested in a Plantinum Tools EZ-RJ45 crimper and the EZ-RJ45 plugs and it was the best investment ever. I have now binned all my old rj45 plugs. Don’t even need to use a tester now as you know it just works.
This guy knows.

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m an amateur, and don’t put connectors on too often. Investing in the pass-thru tool and connectors has me making cables like a pro. Best investment for networking that I’ve ever made.

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, can I just say..THANKS !!
this thread is very timely, for me :winktongue:

I also felt the same pain as OP as I searched for the crimper and connectors. The reviews on amazon really leave you confusing. While I totally agree that practice makes perfect but the way some of those reviews read, it sounds like that even an experienced person will have issues with them. I trust you guys here, gonna read over this thread once more then check the budget and order the tool/connector suggested here, then practice, practice, practice.

Have a great weekend, fellas :headbang:

KT88s

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts regarding suggestions on which crimpers to use but wanted to get some more suggestions. I see IPCAMTALK crimpers on Amazon. Anyone purchased these in here? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DDYRQXB/ref=as_li_ss_tl?&linkCode=sl1&tag=ipctk-20&linkId=5c880a4724bb377851ec9e112ad270bc

Also, every CAT6 RJ45 connector I find has negative reviews... monoprice and amazon are the two places I've been looking. Suggestions and links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gearing up for my Re-wiring of the Homestead, iv been picking up supply's here and there.
Shopping RJ45's couple weeks back, i realized i better watch my azz. what i found is worthy of another thread.
And this i shall do, couple min will post.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.