RJ45 jack video balun

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ive seen the video baluns that convert the ethernet to bnc that use a RJ45 jack. Typically they also do the "power over ethernet". Know of any that are fairly cheap and reliable? I need about 16 for an install that is giving me fits. Company has analog cameras with normal video baluns with pigtails but every time someone hits the counter they loose contact with the connectors and have to shuffle them around to make them work again. Place is over an hour one way so I try to minimize driving out there for a five minute fix.

They are in process of converting to IP cameras so I was thinking of putting all the ethernet cables onto a patch panel and running a patch cable to the rj45 video balun so that should help with the wires shifting and breaking off or the screws becoming loose

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I already have a hub not being used (not installed there) but I would like to put in a standard cat5e patch panel at the dvr end and punch the cables down to it. Then replace all my video baluns with a balun that has a rj45 jack instead of the screw in type of wire. Only other thing I could do is terminate an rj45 jack on one end of a short patch cable and strip the wires on the other then and screw it into the balun but it still may lose connection if the dvr is bumped or something.