Rotated Views with IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

sibi78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to set up a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE such that the image is rotated by 90 degrees and also such that the date/timestamp and the channel title show up at the right top corner and the bottom left corner respectively. I had a few clarifications here:

1) Is the actual 90 degree rotation done via the camera's configuration page or via software like Blue Iris? I only see the options to mirror or flip the image by 180 degrees in the camera's configuration site. So, is this only done via Blue Iris? Or are there some camera options I'm missing...?

2) When the view is rotated by 90 degrees, is it possible to have the date/time and channel title maintain the same location? That is, even after rotation, I like the date/timestamp at the top right and channel title on the bottom left. Is this doable at all? I looked a few options on the camera's config page, but nothing looked promising.

Any help is much appreciated!

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rotate it in the camera configuration page. Go into Blue iris and disable text overlays in the video tab of the camera. I'm not at my server to look at how its worded but initially after saving the camera config the camera may display weird in blue iris check the "force morphing" in the video tab save that so it reboots the camera then go back in and uncheck force morphing and it should display correctly. This is how I do it and I run the same cameras

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using Blue iris or NVR? Both have options for rotation but I remember it took me a little while to find em.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to set up a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE such that the image is rotated by 90 degrees and also such that the date/timestamp and the channel title show up at the right top corner and the bottom left corner respectively. I had a few clarifications here:

1) Is the actual 90 degree rotation done via the camera's configuration page or via software like Blue Iris? I only see the options to mirror or flip the image by 180 degrees in the camera's configuration site. So, is this only done via Blue Iris? Or are there some camera options I'm missing...?

2) When the view is rotated by 90 degrees, is it possible to have the date/time and channel title maintain the same location? That is, even after rotation, I like the date/timestamp at the top right and channel title on the bottom left. Is this doable at all? I looked a few options on the camera's config page, but nothing looked promising.

Any help is much appreciated!
Camera config page, it's called "flip" you should have 0,90,180, 270. The channel title and the time should be in the positions you want. Of course you have to physically rotate the camera as well.