Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I meant if this fits inside the junction box, I circled it in black

DS-2CD2032F-I.JPG

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been trying to find those things around here with no luck. All the stores have long since changed the style of vinyl siding they sell but none stock the "new" style quick and easy siding mount kits like those to match what they've been selling for siding for the last 20+ years. They've all got the wrong notch pattern in the back believe it or not. This reminds me that I haven't tried mail order yet. Thx.

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ace Hardware carries these for about $9.00, I have three of them now:

Round Box.jpg

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20374076

Drill the top plate easily because it's plastic.
All four side plugs fit very snug, but you could glue them of course.
Drill any one (or more) of the side plugs with a hole just large enough for the Cat5 cable to slip through, do your crimping after the cable is pushed through, then when everything is sealed up in the j-box, just a touch of silicone around the cable and slip it in another 1/4 inch to make sure it seals too.

Oh yeah... and they're already grey to match my house. (YMMV) :)

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is exactly what I did, I also used the same junction box

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really like the low profile of this box.

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can the Hikvison bullets be attached directly to the soffit without using any sort of box?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes they can. I recommend using boxes because it gives a better mounting surface.

MidniteNY

n3wb
Reaction score
They can, but you'll need to protect the pigtail connections from the elements. You don't want that exposed.

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Isn't the pigtail protected enough being up in the soffit? Or perhaps I could wrap it in tape or something.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes but they'll wiggle a bit in heavy wind if there isn't something solid to screw into other thsn plastic soffit. Not a huge deal because if it is windy enough to screw up the motion detection from wiggling there's most likely other stuff blowing that'll set it off as well. Just don't over torque the screws beyond snug or your bullet might eventually end up blowing in the wind.

MidniteNY

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Isn't the pigtail protected enough being up in the soffit? Or perhaps I could wrap it in tape or something.
Yes they are but you still take the chance of moisture getting to them, you can wrap them with electrician tape.

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes they can, but i'd recommend using the included anchors just to make sure they hold tight.