rtsp stream dropping out

JoeShmo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Background:
Blue Iris 4.4.9.4
11 IP Cameras, direct to disk recording, 15% CPU usage.
System runs fine with these IP cams.

I'm trying to add streams from a "Winbook Security D5008DH" DVR (This is a generic 8 analog input DVR box based on the Hi3520D chipset), it'll stream cameras via RTSP and (supposedly) UDP. I picked this thing up on clearance for $50, and it came with 4 720p analog cameras; so would be nice if I could get it to work, or I may just end up using it as a standalone...

I've set BI to get the stream via rtsp://192.168.1.111/H264?ch=1&subtype=0 Make: Generic, Model: RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
The stream works, for about 20-30 seconds at a time, then goes into "No signal", and maybe 10 seconds later, it comes back. During this time, I can stream directly from the dvr using mplayer, so I know the stream didn't go away or anything. (mplayer just gives "Invalid UE golomb code" notices every few seconds). Also, everything is on the same gigabit lan.

So, the Question is, does anyone know of any other settings I can try on the BI side? I think this NVR will stream via UDP, but I don't know how to specify a "URL" for udp (or test as such with mplayer), as nothing I've tried works. the nvr IS indeed listening on udp port 8001 (as well as 1900 and 6060), tcp it's listening on 80, 8000, and 554 (known via "netstat -nl" on the dvr)
Settings on NVR say "RTSP Port: 554 UDP Port: 8001", which SOUNDS like the udp version of rtsp (rtp?) runs on 8001. (But when I tell BI to use RTP/UDP Port 8001, and hit ok, and go back it, it switches it back to 8000).

Any ideas/suggestions/did I leave anything out?