RTSP URL for Huisun Mini PTZ v2

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the correct RTSP URL is for these cameras?

I've tried using VLC to open the RTSP stream but all I can get is audio only (I have audio version with mic attached).

I would have thought it would be as simple as:

rtsp://192.168.0.99

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK so I installed an android app called simply 'RTSP Player' on my phone and rtsp://192.168.0.99 works just fine, so it must be a problem with VLC (though I can get another RTSP stream to play nicely).

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK so I'm on a Mac, I thought VLC on Windows might prove better so just tried that but it instantly crashes with the Huisun RTSP stream. No idea why. This sample RTSP stream works fine on both:

rtsp://media.smart-streaming.com/mytest/mp4:sample.mp4

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK so I'm on a Mac, I thought VLC on Windows might prove better so just tried that but it instantly crashes with the Huisun RTSP stream. No idea why. This sample RTSP stream works fine on both:

rtsp://media.smart-streaming.com/mytest/mp4:sample.mp4

This is what I use in vlc for mine. I'm not sure how you're trying to do it, but I find it to be easiest to copy the link (with your ip obviously) and then "Open location from clipboard" within vlc.

rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/PSIA/streaming/channels/101

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is what I use in vlc for mine. I'm not sure how you're trying to do it, but I find it to be easiest to copy the link (with your ip obviously) and then "Open location from clipboard" within vlc.

rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/PSIA/streaming/channels/101
Thanks tried that but just the same for me – audio only coming through. I don't think I have the "Open location from clipboard" option. I just go to: "File > Open Network" and paste/type the URL and click "Open". It works fine with a sample RTSP URL I found on the internet.

I have also tried switching the camera video settings feed to 'video only' (from 'audio + video') but again no luck.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my V1 cam:

rtsp://User:password@xx.xx.xx.xx:554/ch0_0.h264

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks tried that but just the same for me – audio only coming through. I don't think I have the "Open location from clipboard" option. I just go to: "File > Open Network" and paste/type the URL and click "Open". It works fine with a sample RTSP URL I found on the internet.

I have also tried switching the camera video settings feed to 'video only' (from 'audio + video') but again no luck.

That's odd. Maybe try resetting all preferences in VLC.. Do you have any codec packs installed? Maybe reset those too. I use klite and don't have any connectivity issues on any of the computers I've plugged my v2 into with vlc. Also, going back to an earlier post, you should specify port on an internal network too.

vlc.jpg

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's odd. Maybe try resetting all preferences in VLC.. Do you have any codec packs installed? Maybe reset those too. I use klite and don't have any connectivity issues on any of the computers I've plugged my v2 into with vlc. Also, going back to an earlier post, you should specify port on an internal network too.
Hi, no I have no codec packs installed and have all default settings. Strangest thing is I just installed Win 10 in a Virtualbox on my Mac and it works fine in VLC on that, however on the Mac itself and on Windows 10 installed via bootcamp on the Mac (basically dual boot system) it doesn't work and I have no idea why. It just streams the audio only on those two. I can understand it not working on the Mac version of VLC (as it's a different app) but there should be no difference between the virtualbox windows VLC and the bootcamp windows VLC.

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, no I have no codec packs installed and have all default settings. Strangest thing is I just installed Win 10 in a Virtualbox on my Mac and it works fine in VLC on that, however on the Mac itself and on Windows 10 installed via bootcamp on the Mac (basically dual boot system) it doesn't work and I have no idea why. It just streams the audio only on those two. I can understand it not working on the Mac version of VLC (as it's a different app) but there should be no difference between the virtualbox windows VLC and the bootcamp windows VLC.
Did you try enabling/disabling hardware decoding?