RTX 2060 H265 playback issue?

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently got a new PC for Blue Iris to run on and have been having issues getting smooth playback from H265 video. I only get roughly 1FPS when connected to the RTX 2060 and playing back an exported video with any media player other than Windows Media Player Classic. If I use MPC-HC or VLC it only gets 1 FPS. I also have been having stuttering video when playing from BI, however after experiencing this also, I realized the issue on this computer may be computer specific as I don’t have the playback issue on my old BI computer. I do have the stuttering video issue to some degree but not anywhere near this bad.

the new computer is a Dell XPS 8930 with an i9-9900, 32gb RAM, and an RTX2060. I’ve upgraded the case with some more fans and checked heats so it’s not a heat issue. The issue only occurs if I connect my monitor to the RTX 2060. If I connect to onboard graphics it plays smooth. I have tried upgrading drivers and installing the latest Klite codec pack. None of which seems to help. Any ideas?