Run, Forest, run!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
This is why I review my nightly footage. Here we have a yute (Joe Pesci accent here) dressed head to toe in black save for his white face mask. He jogs towards the intersection, walks through the intersection (a lot of cop cars roll down that street since the police station is only 3 blocks away) and then starts to jog again.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS!

Oh, the BW video is out of focus. Has been since installation but it's a spotter cam so not super critical. I am planning on taking it down and adjusting the focus "soon".

View attachment NVR_ch7_main_20230323003442_20230323003457.mp4

View attachment NVR_ch6_main_20230323003448_20230323003509.mp4

View attachment NVR_ch1_main_20230323003454_20230323003519.mp4

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It may be nothing, he was simply pointing out why he reviews overnight video.

Someone dressed in all black with a backpack with a face mask on when there is nobody around him at all isn't the typical thing he sees at night, so he has it documented in case any neighbors say something was stolen. The person was jogging until he entered the intersection where police may see him.

That would catch my attention as well when I review my overnight video in the morning. Maybe in the UK someone jogging in the middle of the night all dressed in black with a backpack and mask on is a common occurrence LOL?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m sorry but what am I looking for apart from a guy walking down the road?
Like what @wittaj said, head to toe in black with a backpack and a face mask at 12:30 in the morning. Slows down in the intersection and then starts to job again once he crossed the intersection.

@wittaj Actually, this is kinda normal. But I document it all in case a neighbour or the police ask me if I've caught everything. The thieves don't realize I'm recording well into the properties across the street. There's nowhere to hide now.

Thinking about one of the new mini-PTZs to track them and get a better description. Oh, and I'm installing two 18,000 lumen LED flood lights, one for each street. This will allow my Color4K/X and SD1404XB to get even better night video!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I figured it probably happens more frequently for you LOL, but it isn't enough that you just ignore it either LOL.

Yes, you need to add an autotracking PTZ! I may be known to have one or more LOL.

Unfortunately all of those trees will severely limit the range of the PTZ movement, but that mini has shown some incredible progress thru trees so maybe LOL.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I figured it probably happens more frequently for you LOL, but it isn't enough that you just ignore it either LOL.

Yes, you need to add an autotracking PTZ! I may be known to have one or more LOL.

Unfortunately all of those trees will severely limit the range of the PTZ movement, but that mini has shown some incredible progress thru trees so maybe LOL.
Yes, happens quite frequently. There's a surge in December when robberies really pick up. Then a lull into the new year but we're seeing more activity.

The one tree in the first video needs a trim. Neighbour gives me carte blanche to trim foliage for the purposes of security.

Here, the police, especially the 'jefe del sector' (sector boss) know who's who in the neighbourhood. In December, I asked him to come over and look at recorded activity of the previous four nights. He seemed a little stressed when he left my house! lol His performance is rated on the crime rate, clearance rate, etc so he did NOT like what he saw. Just kind of the usual, people dressed in black with masks and backpacks loitering around. They were really casing the water pump that sits above the cistern of the property across the road. Water pumps are common targets for thefts and are easily resold.

I'm sure he went to some of the usual suspects and told them what he saw because things dropped off to almost zero overnight. Am I okay with that? Yes. If a crime can be prevented, it should be. It takes far fewer resources to talk to a few known thieves and let them know that they're being watched at my intersection. It worked as there's even less foot traffic at night than ever. And virtually everyone walks in the middle of the street at night thinking I'm not recording the street and opposite sidewalk.

BoobieCam is going up in the front entrance next month (headed to Toronto where it's waiting and then back to Havana in April) and I have some great ideas how to disguise it so it's much less obvious. Going 4' off the floor so it will be a true BoobieCam!

And then I have another idea for the BoobieCam use running 24/7 face detection. Angles aren't great but I can work with them. My Color4K/X is running FD during the day mounted 7 meters (24') up and 10m (33') back from the sidewalk. The BoobieCam would be better but still not those idea 6' to 7' off the ground. Gotta work with what you have.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotta love the Moskvitch still going strong!
It's amazing to see what's still running here. Even for a Russian vehicle, the Moskovich has a terrible reputation. A lot have new motors. Usually Hyundai, Toyota, etc.

Still a lot of Russian parts being made in Russia and imported. And if a Russian car breaks down, almost every male over the age of 20 has some experience and it quickly becomes a community project.