Run main Blue Iris application on TWO computers - same content?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blue iris runs in the background perfectly with no issues. But when I start the program to make changes, view footage, etc.. I get an error at least once, sometimes multiple times a day that forces me to shut everything down and delete a phantom camera. Would be awesome if I could access everything from a separate computer that the background service is not running on. But understand the hurdles.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris runs in the background perfectly with no issues. But when I start the program to make changes, view footage, etc.. I get an error at least once, sometimes multiple times a day that forces me to shut everything down and delete a phantom camera. Would be awesome if I could access everything from a separate computer that the background service is not running on. But understand the hurdles.
then you have something wrong with your install...that would not be a solution to your problem...uninstall and reinstall it..make sure you have a CLEAN windows installation...

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have installed and uninstalled multiple times. Cleaning everything I could. Next step would be buy a copy of Windows and start there.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't already have a copy of Windows? Generally once you have Windows 10 activated once, you can reinstall the OS and just skip entering a key, and it will self-activate because Microsoft will remember your hardware.

And you can download the Windows 10 installer directly from Microsoft.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a Dell refurbished model. No reinstall disks. Unless it will create its own, no.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a OEM version for my other home built system but sure it's a one license machine version.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What version of Windows is on it now? Does it have a Windows COA sticker on the case with a key printed on it? What version of Windows is that for?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In Win10, you can go to PC Settings > Update & security > Activation and if it tells you you are activated with a digital license then you should be good to reinstall fresh without a key.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I too would like a client, but until then, I will probably just move my BI machine to a more convenient spot, lol.
My BI machine is in my ghetto server rack, on the other side of a wall from my desk. So what I did was cut a hole in the drywall and install one of these on each side to keep it clean.

I fed through HDMI for a monitor and USB for a hub.

Unfortunately this winter the smell of death began coming out of that hole whenever the heater turned on. Probably something died under the house, and rather than remove 4 feet of rock hard snow from the crawlspace entry, I just checked, that smell is not detectable anywhere in the crawlspace or outside the house -- lovely -- it must be something in the wall cavity or the roof. I replaced the wall plates with something a little more custom that seals much better.

That is absolutely the way to go, right there. It is so much easier to get cords through when there is a solid piece of conduit through the wall, and it can be sealed to be decently airtight.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a few BI licenses as I did not know about UI3 but anytime I log on more than 1 BI machine it disconnects the camera on another (Socket Error 100053) or lags or has issues. Is it not possible to run two blue iris machines without this issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a few BI licenses as I did not know about UI3 but anytime I log on more than 1 BI machine it disconnects the camera on another (Socket Error 100053) or lags or has issues. Is it not possible to run two blue iris machines without this issue.
The issue you are having is not caused by blue iris but rather your cheap cameras inability to stream to multiple devices.
BI5 appears to have the ability to log into another BI instance.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The issue you are having is not caused by blue iris but rather your cheap cameras inability to stream to multiple devices.
BI5 appears to have the ability to log into another BI instance.
That is good info. I am in process of purchasing a bunch of IPCAMTALK cameras but setting up some things before like BI dedicated computer and switch etc. Would I see any issues with these:
https://store.ipcamtalk.com/

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cameras can stream to two devices at once no problem.
The reolink I have is streaming to 1 main BI machine. Reolink software on 1 computer. On the NVR in another. And 1 room has ui3. The issue is when I try another BI machine it goes down. But I need this setup before I setup the IPCAMTALK cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The reolink I have is streaming to 1 main BI machine. Reolink software on 1 computer. On the NVR in another. And 1 room has ui3. The issue is when I try another BI machine it goes down. But I need this setup before I setup the IPCAMTALK cameras.
you are choking the camera.
every camera has a limit to how many streams. I dont know what hiks limit is. There is no need to have a messy setup like yours.
You can also use the multi-cast function. But the smarter way to do it is to stream to one blue iris machine and use ui3 or stream from one blue iris machine to another unless you are using it as a backup.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you are choking the camera.
every camera has a limit to how many streams. I dont know what hiks limit is. There is no need to have a messy setup like yours.
You can also use the multi-cast function. But the smarter way to do it is to stream to one blue iris machine and use ui3 or stream from one blue iris machine to another unless you are using it as a backup.
Well you know how it is sometimes. Just want some eyes in other rooms. I have UI3 on a tablet too and all those work well. I had issue with loading UI3 in another room with an error connecting. Is there a limit of how many ui3 you can run?
I have to probably do this:
Blue Iris UI3

Blue Iris UI3