Running/Fishing wires in a finished house is always fun

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
I spent 3-4 just trying to get these three connections to meet in one place. I went out and bought a cheap inspection camera and it helped A LOT. Drilling through Joists and studs was tough. Also went out and picked up a felxable drill bit 72" long.

So yea it was fun.

Any of you guys have any wiring/fishing stories or tips to share.

Attachments

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would like to buy a magna pull but don't want to spend the cash quite yet. Don't spend hours trying to fish a single wire. Take a step back and think of a way to do it differently. Every place is different. I did drill up once and was off by about a foot on my measurements and went into the grout line of the tile floor in bathroom... was not happy

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Putting a network jack in ceiling?
Am I? no, i got the cables coming right out of the holes, I will connect the POE cable to the camera and cover the holes with the camera.

Would like to buy a magna pull but don't want to spend the cash quite yet. Don't spend hours trying to fish a single wire. Take a step back and think of a way to do it differently. Every place is different. I did drill up once and was off by about a foot on my measurements and went into the grout line of the tile floor in bathroom... was not happy
I looked at that, that would only work if you are pulling the cable from the top to bottom or vice versa. If you go horizontal to the wall then you will run in to the studs.

I was regretting doing this, and thought i should go with wifi cameras, but I would still need to power them so I went with poe cameras. I'm glad I did, now that all the inside wiring is done, I just have to install the mini cameras and it's going to look slick.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might what to drop a box for each location.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.