Russian Drone - What's inside?!?!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
For those interested in any technology especially video technology like this forum. Speaking only for myself I've always been really interested to see what's inside different military tech from various countries. It doesn't matter what country as I am always curious to see and learn what they have done and been able to accomplish with a unlimited budget vs shoe string.

There have been endless rumors for years about how the Russian military has stopped building and designing their own tech.

This typically spans most high technology electronics, sensors, lens, processors etc.

Now, to be fair everyone in the world buys components from all across the planet. No single country makes everything never mind can produce niche items where there is very low demand or special use. Having said this, its extremely rare to ever see military grade equipment use Off the shelf complete modules - ever.

I'm not talking about a USB cable, Micro SD card, Lens, Components that span resistors, capacitors, CPU, etc. I'm talking about say going to Walmart and buying a walkie talky and incorporating the same into a missile, drone, radar battery!

In this video see what the Russians use for a military drone?!?! Keep special attention as to what the company who supposedly designed, and built this thing charged the stupid Russian government??? :lmao: I honestly can't believe this to be true but the Internet has more than one posting and video's of similar drones using entire consumer grade products in their military equipment! :facepalm:

Those who are DIY'er can probably appreciate what the Russians did as this speeds up design and field deployment. At the end of the day the product works as intended. Lucky for the Ukrainians with the ongoing embargo / trade sanctions the dirty Russians won't be able to replenish these off the shelf components.

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very interesting! Sort of reminds me of when I first saw the way ESPN does/did the 'wrap around' view of the baseball player at bat. The had, probably three dozen DSLR's around on the railing of the first balcony at the ballpark, along with a boatload of wiring.