S800 vs S500

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I will post images when I a get chance but basically the grass is neon green color on mine aside from the general daylight grain

Avareh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this camera use HersoSpeed firmware? Would you please be so kind as to post some screenshots of the camera's browser interface screens?
Hmmm, hard to say. The ActiveX based GUI in IE contains a System related tab but I do not see any details there mentioning firmware specs.
I tried to connect the camera's kernel but it's not working so I've no idea. Using telnet I'm requested to enter credential but the one I know (amin/admin) does not work, also tried a bunch other users (root, ..) with(out) any possible password but have no idea what ID/password gives me access to the kernel of camera. I guess I tried Wireshark once but the packages I see do not contain anything hinting me that ID/password is there.

Avareh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And here I've a few photo's, including 3 made by Ganvis camera's to compare. The fist 3 were taken when the GV-T530A, GV-T525V and Y-Cam were not installed outdoor yet. I used an empty box on windows shelf and put 2 Ganvis and one Y-Cam to monitor the front door for months, so these 3 cams were actually recording through 2 thick layers of windows glasses. This is how the front cams are installed now:

IMG_3769.JPGIMG_3770.JPGIMG_3771.JPGIMG_3772.JPG

To make a little bit of comparison I'm adding a few snapshots created from Ganvis recording while ago, file names are btw explanatory so no additional comments:

Ganvis_T530A_3MP.jpgGanvis_T525V_3MP.jpgGanvis_T530A_5MP.png

And finally a few made by Sectec Starlight (all recording 5MP). I really like the quality of this IMX178 sensor, even late in the evening - when street lights are not yet on - it records very clear, and in colour!

Sectec_IP571S_5MP_Sunny.pngSectec_IP571S_5MP_Cloudy.pngSectec_IP571S_5MP_Rainy.pngSectect_IP571S_5MP_Evening.pngSectec_IP571S_5MP_Night.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Avareh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Weird, I checked the post yesterday and images (mostly PNG) were just there. Now I see those are not inline any more, and all file names have been changed. Anyway, re-uploaded the images once more!

Photos.png