Sadp not pulling any ips

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have to update my cameras firmware. In the nvr I just see Mac addresses I assume. I have a camera hooked up to a poor injector with one and into the router and I'm using my PC which is hooked up to my router I downloaded winpcap and sadp. I open SID pay it just stays blank even when I refresh and I've tried several things but it won't pull the cameras IP address is so I can log into them through the browser. Win 10, 64 bit machine. I also tried a laptop on Wi-Fi and nothing. I do have the NVR outside the DHCP range but the PC I assume should be on the same range as the cameras? It's not reading the nvr's ip. The system is a Laview so they are rebranded Hik. Any suggestions?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you plug the camera into the router directly ? And then test.
But you need the nvr in the dhcp range of your network otherwise it can see,
Beyond that.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I do one at a time I can see a generic ip through a search or as an Ovnif in the nvr list and log into the cam via I.E. Was hoping to have something to read all the ones plugged into the nvr. Can't even get the nvr to show on the sadp tool.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you log into the nvr and see what the ip is? And see if anything is missing.
and reboot the nvr

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My nvr only shows Mac addresses for each cam.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I found the ips with angry ip tool with a laptop plugged into nvr poe port. but can't log in via I.E. they seem to ping ok if that's what they are.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
With out seeing what is showing on your screen,seems like the nvr has lost all of its settings as when a camera is plugged into its Poe on the nvr it uses the interface of 192.168.254.1/192.168.254.2 and 3-4 there the internal ips when plug and play is used.do you have the passwords for the nvr can you restore to default settings and start from that point

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will that remove a firmware update I installed as well?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you update the firmware on the nvr? And now have this problem or was the firmware running ok then this problem appeared ?

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to update the firmware to get the email working for motion detection. But now the cameras need to be updated because the motion detection grades aren't working right. That's why I need the IP address of each camera to update their firmware. I didn't realize this was an issue until I had to find their IP address is which I failed to do up to this point

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
My advice here would be get the nvr back up and running default all settings
Test the nvr motion detection. Be careful of updating firm ware if it's not broken don't touch it.you could be spending a lot of nights reading on here.
Hikvision can bite you hard if not careful