Safire Connect Connectivity

KBeats6

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to the Forum! Hopefully someone can help me out! I can view my dvr cameras when at home via Wifi on my phone, however when I use Cellular data, my internal ip address (192.168 etc) for the DVR states that The device is offline. How do i configure the External IP Address ( 86. etc) where do I apply the external ip address? The DVR is a Safire SF-XVR6108-1Face and the App on my phone is Safire Connect.

Thanks for all your help, Ken

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not familiar with your DVR or cameras but I would think that your smartphone app would have you scan a QR code or enter a UID number found on a label on the bottom or rear of the DVR case; this would set up P2P (peer to peer) networking with their cloud server so that you do not need to enter any sort of "External IP Address" (WAN) or forward any ports in your router.

The Safire web site has poor contact and support info so perhaps you could contact the company where you purchased the DVR to find out more about the app and if what I said above is correct.

Last edited:

KBeats6

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony for your help, I tried contacting the company but they are slow to get back! In the meantime I got it working it seems that in settings of the Safire Connect App, the alias address is the 192 Ip address of the DVR and in the Address field I placed the external IP address, it is also username and password controlled. I can now see the cameras when I am on the cellular network! Thanks again, Ken