Said goodbye to the ol 2x4 and bucket trick...

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And scored this camera tester the other day. We've been doing more and more installs and got so tired of climbing up and down the ladder and lugging monitors to the job. It almost felt like programming NVRs and fine tuning cameras were taking longer than running cable.

This thing is packed full of features, including a cable tester, WiFi, POE to power the camera, and hdmi-in to use as a display. Nice and portable to use on a ladder too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just don't do enough installs to justify one of these but that doesn't mean I don't want one.

Do you know if it can control motorized varifocal lenses? Or do PoE+ output?

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just don't do enough installs to justify one of these but that doesn't mean I don't want one.

Do you know if it can control motorized varifocal lenses? Or do PoE+ output?
I get it, it's a bit pricey but I figure if it saves 2 hours on a single job its pretty much paid for itself. I can also use it as a monitor in the IT field so it has more uses than just cameras. Going to test to see if it will configure access points, that would be a bonus for me.

I hooked it up to my new unconfigured SD1A203T0-GN last night and was able to login and use all the PTZ controls without issue. I will test it on a 5231R within the next week and report back but I think it will work fine.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I get it, it's a bit pricey but I figure if it saves 2 hours on a single job its pretty much paid for itself. I can also use it as a monitor in the IT field so it has more uses than just cameras.
If it could act as a keyboard/mouse in addition to a monitor I would buy one in a heartbeat. LOL. Troubleshooting headless servers that don't have any remote management features like IPMI is a huge pain.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it could act as a keyboard/mouse in addition to a monitor I would buy one in a heartbeat. LOL. Troubleshooting headless servers that don't have any remote management features like IPMI is a huge pain.
I agree! This would be the smallest KVM known to man lol