Salutations from the UK

camwhore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Another newbie here. Glad to have found the forum. Picked up a ton of useful info from you guys already just browsing and lurking over the past 2 weeks and hope to learn a lot more.

Have only played with some poor quality indoor PTZs up to now but purchased a DS-2CD2432f-IW 2.8 last week which has, I fear, started me on a slippery slope to another healthy gadget obsession... :)

The neighbourhood where I am isn't particularly bad for vandalism but we've had some trouble with idiots messing with cars on the road over the last couple of years and reports recently of some back yard break ins not so far away so for peace of mind have finally taken the plunge and decided to cover my property on all sides. Looking forward to the journey and tinkering!

Rgds,

CW

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

Another newbie here. Glad to have found the forum. Picked up a ton of useful info from you guys already just browsing and lurking over the past 2 weeks and hope to learn a lot more.

Have only played with some poor quality indoor PTZs up to now but purchased a DS-2CD2432f-IW 2.8 last week which has, I fear, started me on a slippery slope to another healthy gadget obsession... :)

The neighbourhood where I am isn't particularly bad for vandalism but we've had some trouble with idiots messing with cars on the road over the last couple of years and reports recently of some back yard break ins not so far away so for peace of mind have finally taken the plunge and decided to cover my property on all sides. Looking forward to the journey and tinkering!

Rgds,

CW
If you don't already have one, I highly recommend a dog.

camwhore

n3wb
Reaction score
Well the cam I ordered and its PoE unit just arrived and I'm now stuck at work for another 2 hours or so before I can bugger off home and get to play with it. I've a level of Xmas present excitement at the moment that I haven't felt in a long time. Sad eh! :D

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Well the cam I ordered and its PoE unit just arrived and I'm now stuck at work for another 2 hours or so before I can bugger off home and get to play with it. I've a level of Xmas present excitement at the moment that I haven't felt in a long time. Sad eh! :D

I was pretty excited when I got my camera from China finally, hehehe.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are looking for a PTZ again, the brand that has provided the best success for me is Dahua, neighbor of Hikvision, literally.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are looking for a PTZ again, the brand that has provided the best success for me is Dahua, neighbor of Hikvision, literally.

That's what I've been hearing and I played with bp2008's 2 dahua ptz's and I saw a youtube video of someone else's 30x and it was pretty sick, we closed a location in Chicago so I'm supposed to have some axis 212's coming, dunno how many. Can't beat free lol. I gotta figure out how to scrape together enough for a good ptz, I know I'm gonna want like 30x and that's gonna run me a good 700+.

camwhore

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will check them out and bear it in mind. Big fan of your site also sir, hugely helpful and informative. Kudos to you.