Same streaking issue on all my Dahua IP Cameras

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several Dahua 4MP IP Cameras and I have been playing with settings for over a week and I cant seem to get smooth motion in the video from either of the cameras. I mean the images look incredible and clear but when there is movement such as a car or a person walking there is a streaking trail from the movement.

See an attached image. Are there any default settings which seem to work best? I have tried both H.264 & H.265 with various settings and have not yet found settings that dont do this.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Turn down 3DNR, no higher than 50%.. for a 4MP I suggest 33%

Its either that or your cabling or network is faulting and your dropping frames.

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
Turn down 3DNR, no higher than 50%.. for a 4MP I suggest 33%

Its either that or your cabling or network is faulting and your dropping frames.
Its not the cabling as I have replaced all wiring with Cat 6 cables to make sure and it did not change anything. I also have a NVR which separates the camera bandwidth from my home network and it happens even when connecting directly to the camera. I had 3D-NR at 50 and I just dropped it to 30 to see if that makes a difference.

Here are my other settings:

Settings.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
view live view through web browser on TCP instead of the default UDP and see if that helps

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
When playing Live or Viewing recordings from NVR (ED9304H5NV-4P) Seems like when viewing directly with the camera to the network it seems good. I downloaded several clips and its recording with the streaking.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats a weak ass NVR, only supporting 32Mbps of video.. Your probably overloading it with 4MP cameras

If the problem only exists when connecting to NVR but not when connecting direct to camera its your video recorder.

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
thats a weak ass NVR, only supporting 32Mbps of video.. Your probably overloading it with 4MP cameras

If the problem only exists when connecting to NVR but not when connecting direct to camera its your video recorder.
I did order a new Dahua DHI-NVR52A08-8P-4KS2 which I will have next week because I added a few more cameras and needed more than 4 ports. Hopefully adding that one will solve my issue. Everything else looks good with my settings?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
might try knocking it down to 1080p for now and see if that helps, set it to VBR and 6000Kbps

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Try setting I-frame to 50 (dbl what your fps is)

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
Try setting I-frame to 50 (dbl what your fps is)
That is where I started and tried dropping it to 25 but I did put it back up to 50 and through the NVR it still looks awful. I am going to wait till I get my new NVR and see if it makes a difference. It was already shipped yesterday so I will have it next week.

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
might try knocking it down to 1080p for now and see if that helps, set it to VBR and 6000Kbps
I will have to try that later. Every time I make a change I have to go into the attic and pull the cables from the NVR and attach the cables to my network since the NVR switch separates the cameras from the home network. You cant change the camera settings through the NVR so its a pain in the ass. I hope going with a genuine PRO Dahua NVR I will be able to change the camera settings from the NVR.