Sample snapshot from Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This got plugged in today at my dad's place. It is obviously not in its final position yet. I'll upload more pics when it is (could be weeks away though). It is supposed to be the 2.8mm lens, though I live hundreds of miles away and will not be able to verify this in person.

Settings:

Snapshot was captured by Blue Iris as jpeg quality 90.

Last edited:

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish the turret was readily available on AE...

I'd probably just pick one of these up now that the Hik's aren't available on AE.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one on the way, it's the audio version though.
I'd love to see some more on this camera though. I'm excited for mine to arrive, first upgrade from analog :)
This got plugged in today at my dad's place. It is obviously not in its final position yet. I'll upload more pics when it is (could be weeks away though). It is supposed to be the 2.8mm lens, though I live hundreds of miles away and will not be able to verify this in person.

Settings:

Snapshot was captured by Blue Iris as jpeg quality 90.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I also have the audio version on the way. It shipped just a day or two ago from CCTV CAMERA CHINA (aliexpress seller) and probably won't be here until next week.

The cam this thread is about went to my folks' place and installing it in its final location is not a high priority for them, so it could be weeks or even months before I can post another pic from it in a different place. For all I know, I will be the one to install it for them when I go back to visit for Thanksgiving!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh no, don't even start talking Thanksgiving, haha.
My camera is coming from the same seller :) I can't wait, slowly going to upgrade to all HD cameras.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone know if these cameras are 2 axis or 3 axis (can the be mounted directly on a wall vs ceiling)?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got in the version with audio, and it is 3 axis (thank goodness). Will post a new thread with pictures shortly.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, the domes are now 3 axis? That changes things as the 4mp turrets and domes are much less expensive than the Hiks!

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone who got the audio version (IPC-HDBW4421R-AS) confirm if it does have a built in mic, or is it just a mic input. I've seen conflicting things on Aliexpress.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone who got the audio version (IPC-HDBW4421R-AS) confirm if it does have a built in mic, or is it just a mic input. I've seen conflicting things on Aliexpress.
I got the audio version, and it did NOT have a built in mic. It has a mic input jack. That makes a pretty significant mess of things at the camera location and adds cost.

So I bought one of these microphones: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004REA7MG

It requires an RCA cable to connect it to the camera. E.g. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N808ZIS

The microphone also requires 12 volt power, but I was feeding the camera with PoE which is 48 volts. So I got this active PoE splitter which takes the PoE 48v and converts it to 12v with a compatible plug. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SM196AE and that allowed me to feed power into the microphone. Of course then the camera isn't getting its power from the network port anymore, which is why I picked a microphone with "Power Bypass" meaning it has an extra male 12vDC jack to connect to the camera to pass along the 12 volt power.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.