SATA power cable too big for connection

FossilZero

n3wb
Reaction score
I have searched and researched for a couple of days now and I can't figure this out. I hope someone here can help. I have a Hikvision DS-7604N-E1 4 channel POE NVR I purchased online a while ago. The standard 4 pin molex SATA power is way too big for the smaller 4 pin connection on the motherboard. I cannot find the type of SATA power wire I need to fit. I would be so grateful if anyone can help find where I can purchase this wire. The picture is a standard molex next to the connection.

Thank you!

PS the motherboard says "JPW2" next to the connection, but an internet search leads nowhere.

Attachments

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The JPW2 looks like a standard 4 pin fan connector. If you search 4pin fan connector you will find similar.

What are you trying power?

FossilZero

n3wb
Reaction score
The JPW2 looks like a standard 4 pin fan connector. If you search 4pin fan connector you will find similar.

What are you trying power?
Ah, I'm just trying to power the hard drive. There are no other power connections for the hard drive that I can see.

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Usually the power for drives comes from the power supply but then I am not familiar with how that NVR is built.
Can you share more pictures of the whole system?

FossilZero

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have it with me at the moment. With NVRs I usually always have one SATA cable and one power cable (with the "molex" 4 pin connection), both from the hard drive connected to the motherboard.

FossilZero

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a bit odd, but at 8:15 in this video, this guy has the exact cable I need. I can't believe I can't find it on Amazon or anywhere.

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! I would have never guessed it was a floppy drive connection. Strange that they use this connection.
If the wire fits I would be sure to follow those directions on the page... actually, I would check the voltage on the board before I connected, to make sure I don't connect the 12v to the 5volt and burn out the drive.

"
Attention: Red wire +5V, Yellow wire +12V , Black wire GND , pls connect the FDD plug with right direction or it will burn out your device!"

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems to me that your NVR was missing the cable from the manufacturer. Mine came with that connector you need, and not only that, but the connector that goes to the board actually had 2 plugs coming off of it to power 2 hard drives from that connector on the board