save folder?

Reaction score
How can i change which folder each came records to? i have the folders made but i cant seem to find out how to save the cam to the right folder.

Reaction score
when i try that i get this Folders must be DIscrete and not subfolders of one another and when i try record tab, i am NOT able to select the new folder i made only see NEW and Stoage

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
when i try that i get this Folders must be DIscrete and not subfolders of one another and when i try record tab, i am NOT able to select the new folder i made only see NEW and Stoage
Who are you addressing? Q or Fenderman?

Reaction score
Who are you addressing? Q or Fenderman?
both of you Record tab in camra settings only has NEw and storage when i do it your way i get Folders must be DIscrete and not subfolders of one another

- - - Updated - - -

so im unable to select the new folders i made for each camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
both of you Record tab in camra settings only has NEw and storage when i do it your way i get Folders must be DIscrete and not subfolders of one another

- - - Updated - - -

so im unable to select the new folders i made for each camera
You first need to setup folders as instructed by q, then you will see them appear in the record tab. You should be able to select any subfolders as well.

Reaction score
You first need to setup folders as instructed by q, then you will see them appear in the record tab. You should be able to select any subfolders as well.

Folders must be DIscrete and not subfolders of one another

is what i get when i do that

Reaction score
..not sure if you read my OP, i want to record each camera to there own folder i made for each camera CAM 1 has a new folder i made for only cam 1 Cam 2 same thing Cam 3 same thing and cam 4 same thing. they all have there own folders i made for them and i want to tell cam 1 to record to the folder i made Cam 2 same thing and so on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
..not sure if you read my OP, i want to record each camera to there own folder i made for each camera CAM 1 has a new folder i made for only cam 1 Cam 2 same thing Cam 3 same thing and cam 4 same thing. they all have there own folders i made for them and i want to tell cam 1 to record to the folder i made Cam 2 same thing and so on.
I did read it. You are likely creating subfolders within the new or storage folder...that cannot be done. Create separate folders. Regardless, this is completely unnecessary unless you are using different save parameters for each camera.

Reaction score
I did read it. You are likely creating subfolders within the new or storage folder...that cannot be done. Create separate folders. Regardless, this is completely unnecessary unless you are using different save parameters for each camera.
i was making sub folders in the folder, moved them out of the sub-Folder and works thanks, with all my cameras i have set-up i wanted each cam to have its own folder so i know can get to the right video faster if i need it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i was making sub folders in the folder, moved them out of the sub-Folder and works thanks, with all my cameras i have set-up i wanted each cam to have its own folder so i know can get to the right video faster if i need it
The blue iris has a timeline and calendar/clips list for that - you can select the camera you want and view only clips from that camera. Searching through folders is silly.

Reaction score
The blue iris has a timeline and calendar/clips list for that - you can select the camera you want and view only clips from that camera. Searching through folders is silly.
Im OCD i have to have stuff in its own folders and organized in either ABC order or 123 order...yes that means all my movies i own are in ABC order and when i buy a new one i have to move the movies down the shelves to make it fit in the right spot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im OCD i have to have stuff in its own folders and organized in either ABC order or 123 order...yes that means all my movies i own are in ABC order and when i buy a new one i have to move the movies down the shelves to make it fit in the right spot.
Then you better hope you dont get more the 7/8 cams because there is a finite amount of aux folders available.