Saving jpg's on trigger for Pushover

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I understand my setup... I save hi res JPG's on trigger.. they go to the alerts folder, and I need them to have images reliably show in Pushover. (If I turn that off, sometimes I get images in Pushover, sometimes not). Therefore, since I'm generating an image for each "trigger", rather than on an "alert" (after CPAI has vetted the event), there are thousands of "triggers" (sunny windy days, shadows, rain, etc), and the alerts folder grows to 10,000 jpgs/dat files or more for the 7 days I keep.
-Is that ok to have that many files in the "alert" folder?

Also, the "clips" listed on the bottom of the BI console also grows to 6,000 or 9,000 for same period. Those represent Triggers, not alerts, right?
-Same question: is that ok to have that many clips for the week or so I keep?
Thanks...

Reaction score
The only things about so many images are: a) do you have plenty of storage, and b) can you review that many each day/week? What I've seen recommended was using the cameras' "line-crossing" algorithm instead of the much more generic (and overly sensitive) "motion" sensing. Using targeted areas, the camera will only trigger when activity is detected crossing the border line(s).

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Storage is no issue... I have room for the jpgs and they cycle out in a week. And I don't have to review them all: they are there so that confirmed (via CPAI) Alerts can go to Pushover. That part works fine... it's just the sheer number of files generated by the triggers that gives me pause. (I don't use the cameras trigger settings, but rather have BI do that using motion to send triggers to cpai. Maybe I could re think that part?