Saving Video Files

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help, I have a 3 camera setup at my house and recently had an attempted breakin on my vehicle at the front of the house and can't seem to workout how to save the footage? When I login into the IP address go into the search function, I can find the file, play it but there is no way for me to save the recording on the screen.

Youtube video's show a different type screen where you could cut and export but I'm blowed if I can find it.

Attachments

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you logging into the NVR?
Using IE? ( some functions like the tools to save clips aren’t available without it)
Sorry bigredfish I'm rather new to this. The way I have been looking into the files is via Mozilla mainly on the same LAN network. So I put into the browser the IP for the system and log into the screen you see in the pic above. Are you saying I'm better off to log into the NVR directly?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By putting in the IP for the system, you mean the IP address of the NVR correct? If so, that is logging into the NVR directly.

He is saying use Internet Explorer as these devices are sensitive to browsers and Mozilla may not show full functionality.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
By putting in the IP for the system, you mean the IP address of the NVR correct? If so, that is logging into the NVR directly.

He is saying use Internet Explorer as these devices are sensitive to browsers and Mozilla may not show full functionality.
Thank you I understand now, will try another browser (YES IT WORKS THANKYOU) ....... really gotta say even though I'm pretty new to all this I could seriously toss this software and go with something else but I
suppose it wouldn't work with say Blue Iris.

Do people with Dahua setups generally stay with the factory software?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh your existing system will work with Blue Iris lol. Many people with Dahua cams and NVR use BI as well.

It has a demo so download it and install on a computer and give it a try.

I did and knew within minutes I was not going back to NVRs lol.

You bring the cameras right in from the NVR by going into Blue Iris and selecting add camera and then put in the IP address of the NVR and username and password and hit dind/inspect. Then further on that same screen is cam#, so you just repeat the add camera and change the cam# to the next cam and repeat.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you I understand now, will try another browser (YES IT WORKS THANKYOU) ....... really gotta say even though I'm pretty new to all this I could seriously toss this software and go with something else but I
suppose it wouldn't work with say Blue Iris.

Do people with Dahua setups generally stay with the factory software?
You are stuck with the software that the NVR came with, you can't change it.

Blue Iris runs on a standalone Windows PC.