Saw it on FaceBook

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Not mine

It is shared via FaceBook however the video right now is set to public so anyone should be able to view it for identification purpose .. You will notice during the video that the woman realized there is a camera and try to hide her face from it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. Analog camera. Excessive on-screen information. Low frame rate. Recorded with a cell phone pointing at the monitor. Classic.

Better camera, and the license plate would have been clearly legible. As it is, they have to hope and pray the crooks are locals and will be recognized by an officer.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
1.3 million views in 8 days.
If it was a decent ip cam, the plate and facial id could have already led the LEO to the thieves....

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
1.3 million in 8 days? It's not THAT interesting. And a $40 camera could've easily given the owner a plate rather than that fuzzy crap video. Tsk tsk tsk... At least he had a camera and it was chained up. If it was insured then the IC will pay up. Not sure if they'll deduct some because of the missing wheel though.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
On a side note, my wife ordered a shirt off ebay and it showed delivered yesterday but nothing was in the mailbox, I guess one of my next priorities is getting something watching the mailbox, either ptz that zooms in on a preset or a fixed camera until then. Also might not be bad to have a zwave siren on the bottom or back of the box that goes off if the system is armed aka, when we aren't home.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You want to annoy your mail carrier with a siren? :)

Good chance your shirt is at the post office waiting to be picked up. Post offices are terrible at dealing with packages.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a side note, my wife ordered a shirt off ebay and it showed delivered yesterday but nothing was in the mailbox, I guess one of my next priorities is getting something watching the mailbox, either ptz that zooms in on a preset or a fixed camera until then. Also might not be bad to have a zwave siren on the bottom or back of the box that goes off if the system is armed aka, when we aren't home.
Sounds like a great way to get your mail thrown in the ditch from now on.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
it wouldn't go off every time, just any time after the box has been opened once between 8 and 5, my mailman should have no reason to keep opening and closing the box. :p

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Siren??!?!?! Sirens are for sissy!!! Get this instead, 12 Gauge Perimeter Alarm System of course using blanks :)

AmericanSpecialtyAmmo.com

:)