Saw these photos on Craigslist

CBagz

n3wb
Reaction score
I was messing around looking for a desktop to run blue iris off of and decided to see if there were any security camera installers posting ads. Below are some of the photos from an ad in particular

370D898A-96F8-4D8C-9501-9E1457DF6129.jpeg

5939DE9C-2109-40F3-914E-89E37020E865.jpeg

BFBF778D-2990-4898-92CC-12065B3A230B.jpeg

For the most part they don't look that bad, I might would change how I ran some of the flex conduit but overall not bad.

What do you guys think

CBagz

n3wb
Reaction score
The box the Hikvision is mounted on isn't even meant for that cam...it's a circular PVC box sold at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. made by Taymac/Hubbell.
You can see the gap because of the poor fit.

View attachment 135265 View attachment 135266
That's the one that had me scratching my head the most. A few minutes more and taking the time to run the conduit from above would have made that install look so much better.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I was messing around looking for a desktop to run blue iris off of and decided to see if there were any security camera installers posting ads. Below are some of the photos from an ad in particular

For the most part they don't look that bad, I might would change how I ran some of the flex conduit but overall not bad.

What do you guys think
I think some look pretty terrible.

In the 1st photo, ok that conduit looks like it is diffcult to work with but at least drill the hole straight above the side of the camera and use more than 1 clip so the cable is clipped neatly to the wall. What's a clip 1 cent? I'd have clipped the base of the drip loop plus the top of the upright run with at least 1 clip, maybe even a 2nmd in the middle if that's what it took to get the cable to lie straight.

In the 2nd photo of the Hik, I predict a short lifespan. The Casing isn't closed properly and it appears the rubber seal is displaced - maybe the use of the wrong box as suggested by Looney. I believe future water ingress has to be a possibility.

The stone wall one is diffiult because of the uneven surface and a good job generally. However, I might have been more inclined to take a little more cement out at the base on the camera to provide somewhere for water that got behind the camera to flow out. I just hope good seals were used behind because it definately looks as if water could run down the wall and go behind, albeit that it probably unavoidable. Could try some clear silicone around the mounting box and wall although lifespan might be an issue. A 25yr trade grade silicone would definately be called for. Juts my opinion.