Scene Electronics illuminators

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This brand of IR illuminator was inside some threads on this forum already.

As i have some experience with them it seemed a good idea to put it in a clear named thread.

It is a Chinese company who manufactures these products which also sells directly to end users.
Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Professional Manufacturer of IR Illuminator and White Light Illuminator.

The have quite a large number of different types.

I requested prices for 2 types:

S-H061E-IR
Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Products - S-H061P-IR PoE IR Illuminator - Scene,Infrared illuminator,Infrared-ray night vision video camera,CCDLEDLamp board.Infrared Lamp board,High clear with lifrared ray an d night_sight came,Infrared Night Vision Assembly Cover,White light lamp
$44

S-SG6-IR

Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Products - S-SG6P-IR - Scene,Infrared illuminator,Infrared-ray night vision video camera,CCDLEDLamp board.Infrared Lamp board,High clear with lifrared ray an d night_sight came,Infrared Night Vision Assembly Cover,White light lamp
$34 ($29 non poe)

The last modell is also sold by other companys like foscam.
I seen them locally in my country for like 85€ and up.

I ordered 6 units, they were priced like this:

$34 each illuminator (S-SG6-IR POE)
$46 shipping (6 units)
$15 paypal (bank to bank optie was even more)

Since i live in a country with very greedy government, i got taxed some 65€ on this order. (Netherlands, Europe)

I did some tests with temporarely setup with a dahua mini ptz.

DH-SD22204T-GN no ir (only street lights and neighbor lights and the flood lights we and the left side neighbor has)

DH-SD22204T-GN with S-SG6-IR 90 degree 10 watt

And some clips from other side of the house.
This is water, around 20 meter to the wall side with vegetation.

DH-SD22204T-GN Camera without IR. Have to freeze at first few frames as it returns to preset position afterwards and that shows dark water only..

DH-SD22204T-GN Camera with 90 degree IR unit (10 watts or bit less)

DH-SD22204T-GN Camera with 30 degree IR unit (10 watts or bit less)

Last edited:

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These look like good quality. Any pics of the light itself?

The 90deg version doesn't seem to have a hot spot like the narrower 30, but hard to tell from my phone.

They do have many versions and it looks like the golden series is their best. Price isn't bad either.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ordered the S-SG6-IR version as that was cheaper but can also be adjusted in light output.
It will than logically use less power which i liked.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These look like good quality. Any pics of the light itself?

The 90deg version doesn't seem to have a hot spot like the narrower 30, but hard to tell from my phone.

They do have many versions and it looks like the golden series is their best. Price isn't bad either.
Well you need to match the FOV of the IR module to your camera off course.
The 30 degree has no real hotspot but that mini ptz i tested with starts at 2.8 mm and the distance is like 20-25 meters, so the 30 degree beam is much narrower than the 2.8 mm lens setting.

I ordered 5 90 degree units to flood the sides of the house, and one 30 degree to bring additional light between our house and the neighbors house.

But now with the starlight cameras it might not be needed, so i will most likely deploy only 2 at front of the house where the mini ptz will be installed.

Facing the units they will look like this:

This is photo taken with i-pad. It looks more reddish to my eyes.

Last edited:

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like the model you used was intended to be mounted vertically vs the S-H061E-IR. Guess it doesn't really matter.

Did you compare with the Intelligent IR series? Looks like this version uses an array of smaller LEDs.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I asked about the angles, and they claim it is the same in both horizontal and vertical plane.

The units i have are indeed verical orientated with the mounting bracket. They are POE and i intend to power them with a 8 port midspan with 60 watts power brick i have from aliexpress for like 25€
During my tests this worked fine. One of the big advantages is that they have a light sensor so only go on when it is dark. The level is adjustable and also the power is.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They recommended the S-H061P-90-IR for my application. I only need 1 so they quoted my $54 plus 25 DHL shipping.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Perhaps the $44 is the no POE version ?
This was $5 difference on the other modell.

I liked the S-H061 modell more for the looks, but saw more advantages in the S-SG6 modell. An since they will be 5.8 meters up from the ground, they will be hardly visable.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Between the S-H061P and the S-SG6, the H061 is 2w more and physically smaller. The SG6 brightness is adjustable and the other is not.

I'm about to pull the trigger, but i just don't know if i should go with a brighter model?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If what they list for the 90 degrees modell is about 16 meters it will do for me. Will use 2 pointed down to light out the 5x17 meter in front of house so the mini ptz will have enough ir to work with. Still hope a starlight version will come out so i do not really need ir.

The rear is 6x 16.5 meter garden where i could use also 2 x 90 degrees units

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I intend to install them on a Dahua PFB20xW mount.

This is a test with 2 connected.

I will have a tube coming out of the wall with 2 cables here and the detachable mounting plate will be mounted on the wall.
This whole thing can than be plugged in and hooked up to the mounting plate.
If I ever want an other device like a camera on that position it is simply swapping the detachable part for a new one fitting the camera. The back mouning plates seem all alike to me.

HalfMoon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How long did it take to get a response from this company? I sent a request in for a quote last week and have heard nothing back.

I'd like to get a couple of the S-SG6P-90=IR's to test.

HalfMoon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@tygger thank you, I got a reply from Erica with a quote.

@j4co or @tygger : Have you tested these and have any pictures showing how well these illuminate for the cameras? I would like to see how they work before I buy them, if possible.

Thanks!!

Anthony A.

n3wb
Reaction score
How are these holding up after a year or so? Still good and no complaints?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have not used the units, the new house is in next 2 months ready.

But for the front i will buy 2 new mini ptz with starlight.
And than i will mount 1 or 2 unit, with the 90 degrees.

The height is 5.60 meter from the ground.
So with 1 unit 90 degrees the unit will light up only 2 x 5.60 = 11,20 meter.
With 2 units they light up till about 15 meter per unit.