Schedule Help BI 4

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I downloaded a 15 day demo of BI 4 and I just can not understand scheduling. I reviewed (2) videos and they did not help. My testing involves (2) cameras.
One camera records just about everything at night. If I turn down the contrast it seems OK, but NG for night time. BI 4 seems to have Preset names on the schedule page which search did not return anything. However they seem to make more sense to me. If I define a day and night preset with the desired time, then they display what I expect when I select the preset. However I do not see a way to tell a camera to use these presets. You can only select active profiles.
I am sure what I want to do is easy, but I don't get it. Cam1 sunrise-sunset, one contrast, then sunset to sunrise another contrast,

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I have see this before and it did not help.
I went into settings, schedule and selected a profile that I renamed to Motion Day.
After that, I selected another profile to draw. It and all other profiles have the same schedule that I drew in the Motion Day profile. Why???
What does the select a profile to draw selection do if it changes all profiles anyway?

The Preset Names are the only ones that seem intuitive to me, but I don't know how to get a camera to use a preset.

This is making me feel dumb.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@GaryK4 Ok, Its actually quite simple..once you understand it you will see how powerful this is..
When you select a profile to draw from the drop down you are not switching profiles or setting up a new profile..you are just telling blue iris which profile you want to draw into the above schedule for the week. So for example you have drawn for profile one to be active between (about) 6pm and 6am and profile two to be active between 6am to 6pm for each day of the week..Now in each camera you can tell it how to behave during the hours of profile one and during profile two....So for example, if you open the motion tab on one camera, you can set that cameras motion sensitivity or make time to be different during profile one and two...just select the profile you want to adjust from the dropdown...you will notice that blue iris remembers the changes..so you can have a make time of .5 seconds during profile 1 but .7 seconds during profile two..this goes for all the other tabs that allow for specific schedule entries like record, alerts etc.
If you want a specific camera to change profiles at a different time than the others you can override the schedule for the specific camera.

GaryK4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the light bulb went off. There as only one global schedule drawing. You paint the drawing with the profile brushes.
I was thinking there was a global schedule for each profile, which I now know is wrong.
I think I have it all working now.

Thanks,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly...there could never be a global schedule for each profile because that schedule is what tells the profile to be active...