Scheduled Day/Night Switch Turns Off WDR?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally have my daytime WDR settings for my three cams set as I like them. I also have scheduled Day/Night switch enabled. WDR is set to be off at night. So, at the end of the day WDR is where I like it, the cams switch to night, then the next morning when the cams switch to Day WDR does not return to the correct day setting and appears off. If I then go into the cams and select the correct level then save the WDR the cams pop back to where they should. Any ideas? TIA

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try resetting it to default, I had a similar issue where a camera was not re-enabling WDR in the morning and I had a script written externally to kick it off and back on again.. but somewhere along the line it fixed its self and its no longer needed, I suspect I changed some setting playing with stuff.. at that point I didn't realize how easy it was to put a camera in a bad state by constantly playing with the settings.. its hard to test every possible way someone will click on stuff heh.

factory reset is the best first troubleshooting step to do when settings dont take right.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks nayer - If I do the reset can do you suggest I redo the settings manually or can I reload saved parameters? As an aside, both cams are on 3.4.0. Thanks for your help.

try resetting it to default, I had a similar issue where a camera was not re-enabling WDR in the morning and I had a script written externally to kick it off and back on again.. but somewhere along the line it fixed its self and its no longer needed, I suspect I changed some setting playing with stuff.. at that point I didn't realize how easy it was to put a camera in a bad state by constantly playing with the settings.. its hard to test every possible way someone will click on stuff heh.

factory reset is the best first troubleshooting step to do when settings dont take right.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would re-set them back up manually, restoring a bad config kinda defeats the purpose.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, thought so. Also, in the past I've really had trouble resetting these cams. I unplug the POE cable, press and hold the reset button, plug the POE cable back in while holding the button for 10 seconds, but it almost never seems to work. Is there any trick to this? Thanks again!

I would re-set them back up manually, restoring a bad config kinda defeats the purpose.