Schedules, profiles, etc.

arkham

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I tried to read as much as I can about setting up schedules, profiles, etc., and I think Blue Iris is tantalizingly close to do what I want.

I've got a camera looking down my driveway. I've set different profiles for DAY vs NIGHT since I only want to trigger recording at night for different areas, sensitivity, etc. Now I want to also define another profile, to only record cars which turn around in bottom of my driveway, during the daytime only (Night from that distance would be useless). I don't want to retain these videos for as long as my normal daytime videos, so I need a separate profile. This is where I'm stuck. It seems that I can't create overlapping schedules...each schedule wants you to "paint" a profile over the time frame, and painting another profile over an existing profile writes over it....you can't have concurrent profiles. So basically, my "BOTTOM_OF_DRIVEWAY" profile is never on a schedule since I don't want to overwrite my main "DAY" profile schedule.

I was hoping the new "multiple zones" feature would help, but that is used at this point to trigger different alert actions, and is still profile based, and my new profile is not active.

I understand that having more that one profile active at any point might trigger the camera under two different profiles each with different retention/recording rules, but I was hoping there might be the ability to do that and that one could specify the default profile if more than one profile gets triggered.

In essence, I want to have different recording profiles, retention times, directories, etc., for different zones on the camera running AT THE SAME TIME.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Blue Iris is so powerful I think I might be missing something.

Thanks.

arkham

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow! Cloning sounds like a perfect way to address this issue. Thanks!