Scrambled green video in UI3 on latest 5.5.9.6 stable update

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys;

I've tried to update my 2 servers to the latest 5.5.9.6 stable update. UI3 on the one server appears fine, but on the 2nd server I'm getting scrambled green video feeds at times, not all the time. I'm seeing it 100% on the combined multi camera view. I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this? If I got back to the previous stable update, everything is fine.

Thanks

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No hardware acceleration is enabled on either. Is there a hardware acceleration option for the combined multiview screen?

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m referring to the screen which shows all the camera views on the one server.

n9gux

n3wb
Reaction score
I am seeing this issue as well on one of the servers I maintain. The screen will go green usually when I go from the multicam view to viewing a single camera on the UI3 interface. It only seems to happen the first few times I click on cameras after that I can click on any camera and it displays fine.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that turning off "Use Hardware Acceleration When Available" in Chrome solves this for him, if Chrome is what you are using to view.

Screen cap:
1662068474405.png

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks looney2ns

Disabling the hardware acceleration in chrome did fix it.

That's great to have a work around, but hopefully this can be fixed properly in a future update.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks looney2ns

Disabling the hardware acceleration in chrome did fix it.

That's great to have a work around, but hopefully this can be fixed properly in a future update.
This isn't a BI thing it is a Chrome thing.

Chrome updated last week on my daily computer and weather radar websites quit showing the radar. Once I turned off hardware acceleration in Chrome, I could see weather radar again. They did something that messes up "video" playing.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trial and error I posted in another thread here.. It only happens in Chrome so yes it's a Chrome thing. Turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome did NOT fix the issue.
Changing the UI3 setting for Video Player (in UI3 setting page) to Javascript solved the issue. Using "Automatic" or "HTML" immediatly causes the green screen.

From the UI3 settings help: "

Attachments

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Chrome borders on "Malware", yes Edge was crap but the current Edge based on the Chromium engine beats Chrome hands down in both performance and security.