Screen Drag

nothreat

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to request Blue Iris give us the "hand drag" to move the screen around in live view.

Scrolling the wheel in and out to move the screen is ridiculous!

When I zoom to my level but want to move the screen to the left or right just a bit I can not.

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This site is not affiliated with Blue Iris and the developer does not view this forum.

You would have to email support to request any enhancements.

But you can do it in live view, although in playback it is easier...

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to request Blue Iris give us the "hand drag" to move the screen around in live view.

When I zoom to my level but want to move the screen to the left or right just a bit I can not.

Thank you
That feature is already there, it's helpful to study the Blue Iris help file, as it is indeed helpful.
Scroll with the mouse wheel, then left click and the hand appears and drag away.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's there already.
First, place mouse cursor over the live image.
Second, scroll to zoom in.
Third, as mouse cursor moves over the live image now, it changes from a pointer to a hand; just hold down LEFT mouse button and drag the image around.
Try again as stated above.

nothreat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys but neither of the suggestion you mention work for me.

When I zoom in I get a little magnify glass with either + or -.

Again, I tried both of you guys said to do and neither work for me.

I think I see whats happening, try going to full screen see if you can drag around, I can't.

If I click on a Alert recording and go to full screen I get the hand to drag around no problem, but this does not work the same for me in live view full screen.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think I see whats happening, try going to full screen see if you can drag around, I can't.
I can go full screen, either live or playing a clip, zoom in with mouse scroll wheel, cursor turns into a hand, left click and hold, drag it around.:blankstare:

nothreat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply but unfortunately I am still unable to move the screen as you are.

I see the cursor changing to a blue arrow and also changes to a magnifying glass but again when I left click the screen nothing happens, no hand to move the screen.

I attached a short youtube video showing myself trying to left click for the hand drag feature but it just does not show up.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So some of the cameras are more sensitive to the cursor placement than others. At least mine are. Some just by taking the arrow ALL THE WAY to the edge of the screen and it will start moving, while others the hand pops up.

When your cursor changes from the magnifying glass to the arrow, take the arrow all the way to the edge of the screen.

Your cursor did not go far enough. Go all the way to the edge of the screen and the arrow will turn to the hand and then you can move all around. Or it should start panning that direction.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try disabling PTZ in the camera settings if the camera is not a PTZ then the mouse zoom and hand should work.

1622122301721.png