Screenshot with temperature datas

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get a screenshot from my thermal camera (DS-2TD2628-3/QA FW:V5.5.64 build 221212) via ISAPI with the url /ISAPI/streaming/channels/101/picture. But no temperature data are displayed on the picture. In the stream they are showed.
Is it possible to get a picture with the temperature datas?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you set Display Rules or Show OSD rules checkmark at Local settings (web interface)

Make sure you run with internet explorer or with egde(page in internet explorer mode) so u can get to Local settings

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Only thing i can provide then, since you are using ISAPI, make a PUT on Overlay1 OSD and screenshot it like that. Since temperature by default is not under OSD overlays its something internal.

So Get TEMP, PUT temp, screenshot

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you mean to PUT /ISAPI/System/Video/inputs/channels/overlays/text/ to overlay the temperature values?
Is there an other method to get a screenshot? I'm using c++ on a very old compiler so using the rtsp-stream is a big problem....

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That wouldn't be enough I've up to 10 Temp. measuring areas with max., min. and average temperature. Plus the lines of the areas...

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If there is no other solution I will write an application in the background, which makes a screenshot from the rtsp-Stream. But this would have at least 2 sec. delay.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mean you can wait a bit, i can do a test tomorrow. If i come up with anything i'll let you know.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just tested pulling SS with overlay text id 1. It seems it will fetch the OSD which was added directly into. Cant test thermal since i will have camera tomorrow.

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, i just might have found something. You are fetching from NVR. You are using 101 and im using from camera directly. Please try to use this directly from camera:

/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mean you can wait a bit, i can do a test tomorrow. If i come up with anything i'll let you know.
of course I'm thankful for your help!

I just tested pulling SS with overlay text id 1. It seems it will fetch the OSD which was added directly into. Cant test thermal since i will have camera tomorrow.
Yes I know this works but I need more than 4 Fields...

Oh, i just might have found something. You are fetching from NVR. You are using 101 and im using from camera directly. Please try to use this directly from camera:

/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture
No, unfortunately not...

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
then i don't know what wrong... that's my result:

Screenshot-picture.PNG

and that's my adjustments (sorry that it is german i don't know where to change the language)

Scrrenshot-adjustments.PNG

and that's a screenshot from the rtsp-Stream.... here it works
Screenshot-rtsp.PNG

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah the values you see are drawn by directX library, rtsp have the data but ISAPI does not. It requires plugin to be loaded in order to see them on web as well.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is 1 other way around but you need to parse image data.(I believe it shows only 1 rule :/)

/ISAPI/Thermal/channels/<ruleID>/thermometry/jpegPicWithAppendData?format=json

1689923911344.png

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah the values you see are drawn by directX library, rtsp have the data but ISAPI does not. It requires plugin to be loaded in order to see them on web as well.

I'm not realy sure what you mean... do you mean i should use ffmpeg to get the screenshot? which plugin should be loaded where? Why have the ISAPI the data in your case?

There is 1 other way around but you need to parse image data.(I believe it shows only 1 rule :/)

/ISAPI/Thermal/channels/<ruleID>/thermometry/jpegPicWithAppendData?format=json

View attachment 168146
I'm not realy sure whether i did it right, but i removed the head of this file (in the head are no temperature values) and opened it as a picture. This picture doesn't show temperature values as well.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On my image its just the highest and lowest as in yours.

I used long ago ffmpeg to take ss from rtsp stream. So you dont need to do entire app yourself to do that. You can have the exe placed and just call the cmd to capture in your code.

So it seems all my ideas are not working.

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah Ok I could't see it good on the picture... i thougt that was an good working example....

So it seems all my ideas are not working.
No I think the idea with ffmpeg is until now the best...thank you for your help :thumb: I will try how hard the delay is. I think I can run bash-commands in my c++-application. So it wouldn't be difficult to code, i think.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
--boundary
Content-Disposition: form-data;
Content-Type: image/pjpeg
Content-Length:6168

BLOB1

--boundary
Content-Disposition: form-data;
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Length:76800