screw size for Dahua PFA137 junction box

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Read the spec on this but wanted to confirm with you guys, also had a couple questions. I need some that are longer than the ones in the package as the screws aren't long enough to secure the camera to the mount.

I need 3/4" but not sure if the threads go down that far in the junction box.

Also, can't find anyone that carries these. Where can I buy these bad boys?

EDIT: the PFA137 is listed as a compatible mount for the IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M. Problem is, how the heck do you mount it? the only holes that line up are the 3 that are used to secure the mount's top plate.

IMG_5528.JPG

Last edited:

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the cover needs to stay off. The cameras base takes the place of the cover. You only need the cover if the camera is not actually mounting onto the box.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I was just about to post. Yes, I am an idiot. I figured it out after playing with it for a little bit. You definitely have to remove the top plate for that to work.

IMG_5529.JPG

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are correct Tony, I just checked the box. I thought I ordered the PFA137, not sure why I ordered a PFA130.

Is the difference between these two just the top plate?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are correct Tony, I just checked the box. I thought I ordered the PFA137, not sure why I ordered a PFA130.

Is the difference between these two just the top plate?
The 130 has more mounting holes for cams of various bolt circles (radii). See these 2 PDF file links below:

PFA-130E

PFA-137

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. Looks like the 137 has slightly different dimensions. Project on hold now. Just ordered the 137. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Given where the mounting holes are on the cam I don’t think getting a 137 will yield any improvement or make things simpler/easier.

Having said that, the only things that really stands out is the way that the 2 boxes are sealed so with that respect you may be better going for the 137.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Read the spec on this but wanted to confirm with you guys, also had a couple questions. I need some that are longer than the ones in the package as the screws aren't long enough to secure the camera to the mount.

I need 3/4" but not sure if the threads go down that far in the junction box.

Also, can't find anyone that carries these. Where can I buy these bad boys?

EDIT: the PFA137 is listed as a compatible mount for the IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M. Problem is, how the heck do you mount it? the only holes that line up are the 3 that are used to secure the mount's top plate.

View attachment 113025
I just bought some at a ace hardware. they are 4mm screws. they have a large assortment of lengths

Reaction score
I just bought some at a ace hardware. they are 4mm screws. they have a large assortment of lengths
That's where I get mine, after dropping several while up high on a ladder into the grass. I could never find them because a magnet would not pick them up, being good quality stainless steel. I believe the size I get is M10 x 4. You can get different lengths, but this size seems to be almost an exact replacement for what I lost.:(