Screwed myself with new "firmware", I think...

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Previous postings provided details, but, it now appears that since I've turned my attention to remotely accessing/monitoring with the 3.1.4 build "firmware", it is impossible to get remote config to "stick"....specifically, Device Serial Number field now has a mask requirement. My DVR serial number does not fit that requirement. Secondly, research indicates that 'legacy' devices, and I believe mine fits that description, require a website that "cannot be found"...neither can the auto-inserted website...error message on both: "server not found"....and, of course, both are Hikvision's "free" DDNS service.

Is there an alternative that would still allow the use of iVMS-4500 for mobile monitoring?

And, thank you, as usual. I am delving off into something I know absolutely nothing about, although the system was configured and working just fine 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. Remote access just quit working. Wasn't all that critical because I no longer was working out of state [at home being unemployed].

But, I would like to resolve the problem...am beginning to think I "upgraded" firmware before it was ready for prime-time, and, it was not designed for my DVR.

Note: Build 3.1.4 was no longer available on download from Hikvision last time I looked....would love to know why it was retracted.