Script to export all alerts for a given camera

Jiri

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if this function is available out-of-box in BI or if somebody already created a script for this.

I have BI setup to continuously record, but for a specific camera, would like to export (after the fact) all alerts into separate mp4 files. I can see that for every alert BI tracks its duration, so it seems reasonable that a script to export all alerts might already exist.

Please let me know if there is such functionality or something similar enough. If not, will look at the JSON API.

Thanks,
Jiri

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can do this from UI3, more or less. Go to the alerts tab and select all the alerts you want to export, then right click and choose Convert/export. UI3 will honor the alert boundaries. Don't use the re-encode option, as that will slow down an already slow process.

To filter the alert list by camera, just click on that camera. You can't select more than 1000 alerts at a time (even if you use the calendar control to increase the date range) for performance reasons, so hopefully you don't need to do that many.

Also you should be aware that all the export files you make this way will be written to your "New" folder. If you want to delete them afterward, you need to go to Blue Iris's local console and choose the folder icon > Convert/Export queue. There you can select and delete the exported items.