Scrubbing on iOS

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've searched the forum and played around a bunch but can't seem to find a way to do this -- Is there a way to do video "scrubbing" on the iOS client? In the Windows app if you drag the time bar around, the image moves along with your drag, so you can easily find the spot in the recording you are looking for. However, in the iOS client, it appears there is no scrubbing -- it only updates the display when you release the slider. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried going to Alerts and tapping on an alert, which brought up the video and queued it up to the alert time in the video. Then I tapped and held on the time slider and dragged it back and forth, but the video never updated until I lifted my finger off the screen.

If I do the same thing in the full Windows client, the video updates while the mouse button is held down...

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What you are seeing is the correct operation, it will not show changes while sliding the tab. I thought you were looking for the slider on the Camera window, sorry.

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it. Are there any known alternatives/workarounds that allow scrubbing on a mobile device? I just purchased BI and have several new cameras on the way to test/pick my favorites for different uses. While I find some of BI's functions a little obtuse (click/double click/etc), I'm getting used to them and overall love it. However, I'm the only one who'll ever log in to the machine and use the full client... my wife will only ever access from web or mobile device. Before I switch her over to BI, I'd really like to find a way to scrub on iOS. (It's the one feature of Nest's app that I think she will miss when we return the Nest cams and replace them with non-cloud-locked cams and BI...)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can email support and ask for that function...It's pretty easy to simply move the slider, use fast forward or simply use the alerts and click on the alert you want to view...