Scrubbing within alert?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm finally reconfiguring Blue Iris with all new settings. I've kept it the same since I first used it

I used to record 247 on a camera clone, and have the main camera recording just motion. The reason for this was that I used to upload the motion clips elsewhere. I don't do this anymore, so I decided to move to 247 recording in 1hr clips, and then use alerts. This means I don't double my storage

But, when I click on an alert, I'd love to be able to just scrub through the alert time, and not the entire 1hr clip. Is this possible? Or is my best bet to move down to 30min clips?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm at 15 min clips. not sure if I can anwser the question with confidence though....in My Alerts, I'm pretty sure I just grab the slider bar with the mouse and drag it down the timeline.
I can't remember if I have to hit play when I stop to check acivity in a cretain time frame. I'll have to try this.....and pay attention.
I have tons of motion with 74 units I have about 100 people living in the building.
1 Hour on 3 of my busy cams, could have 40-50 motion alerts per camera at times.

Last edited:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I might try move it lower, its a real shame there isn't a function to just scrub within the alert. On mobile it's especially bad with one hour clips

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know it’s not scrubbing, but on the mobile app you can tap on the right and left side of the video to skip forward or backward by five seconds.

I’d also like the option for the scrub bar to only represent the duration of the alert (break time) rather than the whole clip it’s a part of.