SD1A203T-GN vs SD52C225U-HNI

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have to replace my soffit mounted camera SD29A204SN which is giving me a lot of trouble lately. I was impressed with the video in @nayr's review of the SD52C225U-HNI, especially at night and would like to get that unit or something with similar video qualities. A less expensive alternative I was looking at was the SD1A203T-GN. The video specs appears to be similar. I was wondering if anyone has actually been able to compare these two side by side. I don't need anything more than 3x-4x zoom, the presets will come from Homeseer through Blue Iris, no other bells and whistles and IR won't be an issue either. I prefer the under-mounted dome. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have to replace my soffit mounted camera SD29A204SN which is giving me a lot of trouble lately. I was impressed with the video in @nayr's review of the SD52C225U-HNI, especially at night and would like to get that unit or something with similar video qualities. A less expensive alternative I was looking at was the SD1A203T-GN. The video specs appears to be similar. I was wondering if anyone has actually been able to compare these two side by side. I don't need anything more than 3x-4x zoom, the presets will come from Homeseer through Blue Iris, no other bells and whistles and IR won't be an issue either. I prefer the under-mounted dome. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hi. What did you end up going with? I am thinking of getting the SD52C225U-HNI, but can't find reviews on how well it does when soffit mounted outside since it has no ingress ratings.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. What did you end up going with? I am thinking of getting the SD52C225U-HNI, but can't find reviews on how well it does when soffit mounted outside since it has no ingress ratings.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
I did buy that one and very pleased with it. It's mounted under the soffit. I'll post some pics tomorrow.