SD1A404XB-GNR on NVR5216-16P-4KS2E not powering up - PoE-cable too long?

manwald

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently switched from my IPC-HDBW4231E-ASE to a SD1A404XB-GNR in my garage, which is connected with a 25-30m Cat6-cable to port 5 (green one) of my NVR5216-16P-4KS2E.

The old camera was running flawlessly with that connection, but with the new one I have a big issue.

When I connect the new SD1A404XB-GNR to the same cable, nothing happens. It's not connecting to my NVR, obviously it's not powering up.
I then used a PoE-injector right next to my SD1A404XB-GNR - and now my NVR finds it.

Same thing works without a PoE-injector but with a short 20cm cable directly from the NVR to the cam.

Do you have any ideas what I can do to avoid using the PoE-injector? I really want to avoid placing a power-outlet next to the cam.

Thanks for your help and best regards
Mischa

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In all likelihood your cameras are at the limit of wattage the NVR can put out and a PTZ take more wattage and puts you over what is available, so the POE injector is needed, but you can place that next to the NVR and then just a short wire from the injector into the NVR port and then the existing cable from the injector to the camera.