SD1A404XB-GNR PTZ preset issues

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I picked up a SD1A404XB-GNR PTZ from @EMPIRETECANDY last week. Neat little PTZ, great for smaller spaces. Though I have an issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed.

I've set up some presets but I have a couple of them in particular that don't always return to the same location, even though the on-screen overlay displays the same pan and tilt numbers.

For example, I have set a preset "Street" that is at P: 179.3 and T: 22.7. I can see my neighbor's roof line right at the top of the field of view. I've set another preset, "Door", that pans back toward my home and adjusts downward toward an entrance. That value is P: 43.9 and T 46.2.

When I call the preset back to "Street", the overlay display returns to P: 179.3 and T: 22.7, but the resulting image is angled down further and I no longer even see my neighbor's roof in view.

I can then manually press "up" in the PTZ controls to get the roof line back in view. The T number changes, as expected, and then I can press "down" a few more times to get the roof back in view - and interestingly, T shows 22.7 again.

I can also call another preset that brings the tilt value higher (T: 10.4) and then call the "Street" preset again (for T: 22.7) and I get the roof in view as expected.

I have the PTZ Limit Max Elevation setting at 0 degrees. This camera was just set up from scratch from Andy's latest firmware (General_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000032.2.R.220804) and a factory reset.

Has anyone had this issue before? This makes IVS a bit of an issue if the presets aren't reliable...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up a SD1A404XB-GNR PTZ from @EMPIRETECANDY last week. Neat little PTZ, great for smaller spaces. Though I have an issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed.

I've set up some presets but I have a couple of them in particular that don't always return to the same location, even though the on-screen overlay displays the same pan and tilt numbers.

For example, I have set a preset "Street" that is at P: 179.3 and T: 22.7. I can see my neighbor's roof line right at the top of the field of view. I've set another preset, "Door", that pans back toward my home and adjusts downward toward an entrance. That value is P: 43.9 and T 46.2.

When I call the preset back to "Street", the overlay display returns to P: 179.3 and T: 22.7, but the resulting image is angled down further and I no longer even see my neighbor's roof in view.

I can then manually press "up" in the PTZ controls to get the roof line back in view. The T number changes, as expected, and then I can press "down" a few more times to get the roof back in view - and interestingly, T shows 22.7 again.

I can also call another preset that brings the tilt value higher (T: 10.4) and then call the "Street" preset again (for T: 22.7) and I get the roof in view as expected.

I have the PTZ Limit Max Elevation setting at 0 degrees. This camera was just set up from scratch from Andy's latest firmware (General_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000032.2.R.220804) and a factory reset.

Has anyone had this issue before? This makes IVS a bit of an issue if the presets aren't reliable...
If no helpful forum response within a reasonable time frame, I'd just contact Andy about it.....:cool:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You might take the cover off, and check to see if maybe a white silica bag came loose and is rubbing against the camera.

Last edited:

misophist

n3wb
Reaction score
I have similar issues with the SD1A404XB-GNR, and also the 2MP version (DH-SD12203T-GN). I tend to use them zoomed out so isn't that much of a problem (perhaps a few degrees out after jumping between presets) but I can see how it would be annoying at higher zoom levels.

Pretty sure it's just a "quirk" of these cameras.

Unfortunately nothing even comes close to this form factor so I just live with it.

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gotcha. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the issue.

And I agree - the form factor is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I guess I'll just learn to live with it until something nicer comes out!