SD29204UE-GN alternative - PTZ outdoor wideangle

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
I need outdoor PTZ camera just for monitoring front of my house. The case is to get view of entry gate and wicket in the same time, so wide FOV is welcome - like 100 degrees or more.
After some search done I think Dahua SD29204UE-GN would be fine for me - wide angle (112 degrees), zoom to be enough to handle 12m to wicket, nice night performance and PoE (must have). And it's cheap like $150 on Aliexpress :) It will be mounted to roof soffit (corner), so it should endure some bad weather I think. But maybe there is any better&newer alternative (like 4Mpix) for this camera? Lets say up to $200? Anyone can recommend?

I attach "camera viewpoint" - made with Opeplus 8T wide camera (c.a. 120 degrees FOV), just for overview.

Attachments

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a suggestion that you can consider:

If you put a "overview" camera, say 2.8mm at that spot to capture both the entrance as per post 1 and put in 2 "headshot" cameras one pointing at each circled entrance would work as well.

No need PTZ this way but PTZ can be used to complement or setup to be triggered by the headshot cameras, however, i think 4X Zoom for outdoors is not powerful enough.

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
SD29204UE-GN is not waterproof, i recommend you to use SD1A404XB-GNR.
OK, but how does it compare to SD29204UE-GN (besides 4MP vs 2MP of course)? It's it newer camera? More functionality like AI and so?
Doesn't dome make reflections (while IR) when it gets dirty?

Just a suggestion that you can consider: ...
Thanks, but I have single point with ethernet cable (PoE) and that's all. PTZ because I'd like to pan left<->right from time to time.

I have one oudoors under the soffit, works after 2.5 years. We have the same weather as Poland, rain and cold :)
Yeah, I wrote forum post saying the same, thanks :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
SD1A203T-GN is 2mp has better low light capacity.
if your place never can reach the rain, the sd29204ue-gn also can work well.

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not 100% happy about my SD29204UE-GN (it lacks a details in night), so I'm thinking about upgrade to IPC-T5442T-ZE. Do you think it's real upgrade when it comes to night (IR) recordings quality? Anyone have SD29204UE and T5442T to compare them?