SD42212T Dahua PTZ Event Preset Time

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good Day All,

I am curious to know if there is a setting somewhere in my camera that allows me to set the length of time my camera moves to my Preset Location if a Tripwire has been crossed. I can't seem to find out where that setting would be. Its probably simple but can anyone point me in the right direction?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try opening up the camera gui from Explorer. The Dahua PTZs seem to be really sensitive to needing Explorer and that function is one that is removed when using another browser.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On that page, try changing Activation to Tour, and have a tour setup to go to a preset with the desired duration.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great that you found a solution!
There are some more settings in the PTZ-section.

I use the "Time Task-setting" on a few of my PTZs.
When a IVS trigger the camera to move to a different preset, the time task takes back the camera to the original preset after x seconds.

time task.JPG

Happy Tracking! :)

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks one other quesiton - this Dahua is awesome. When setting IVS rules say for instance I set an IVS rule of intrusion. I assume that only detects when someone enters or appears in that section (pretty self explanatory, but what if they stay there for longer than a few seconds (especially if an intrusion is a large box)? would something like Loitering be best for that?

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@genelit I guess I have one more question for you (sorry new to IVS). Does your IVS Skip when it detects? I am using an NVR, and whenever a Trip Wire is set off it skips, and then continues to record. pre-record is at 10 Seconds, and then post is at 30. I had read up on the forums, set my Iframe to match my FPS of 30, moved it up to 6 none of which made a difference.

Any thoughts?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @iikingli ,

We're all here to help each other!
I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by "skip".

Do you mean that there is a small gap/delay when the tripwire is triggered even thought you set pre-record?
If so, I experienced the similar before. Back then i used substream to record 24/7 and the NVR switched recording on Main stream only when an IVS-rule was triggered. I can't rememember how long the lag was but maybe 0,5s or so?

For my "critical" cameras I have changed so I record main stream 24/7, now the "skip" is more like a "bump" for 0,1s. This is not a solution for everyone as it fills the hdd a lot faster.

How have you set up the recording? Check the different streams and channels in settings/storage/record mode, on the NVR.
Btw, all the recording settings should be done on the NVR.

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@genelit ,

The bump/delay is exactly what I was talking about. I switched to 24/7 as a test and no issues, no matter how much lead time I buffer for it always skips though. Kind of odd. I am using DW Spectrum, currently in the process of changing things around with streams, etc... will respond back if I get any further, if not it is what it is I guess.

Update: Maybe I was wrong still doing it on 24/7.. back to trouble shooting world.

Last edited: