SD49225-HN PRESETS SHIFTING

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How much is it shifting? Do they go back to the original position after a power cycle or "PTZ Reset" in the web ui?

Saskman

n3wb
Reaction score
It shifts about 10 degrees. I had the camera for about a month and I noticed it 3 or 4 times. The next time it shifts I'll try the "PTZ Reset"

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
And of course the BI display's digital zoom isn't active ever slightly via the mouse wheel?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It shifts about 10 degrees. I had the camera for about a month and I noticed it 3 or 4 times. The next time it shifts I'll try the "PTZ Reset"
If the camera gets snow or ice buildup in such a way to cause the camera to have trouble moving, the PTZ settings will get out align when a move attempt is made.
PTZ reset fixes this.
I've seen this with my PTZ.
During a snow storm, I try to position my ptz in such a way to minimize any buildup on it.
Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.
Best bet, if you know it's bound up by snow/ice, don't try to use the PTZ. Let the sun do it's job.

Saskman

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera Shifted on me again and tried a PTZ reset and the presets went back to original position. It may be the cold weather or snow/ice. Camera is on a tower 30 ft. high in cold canadian winter.

Saskman

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera still giving trouble. But now PTZ doesn't work, works but with long latency. I always have to reset camera, than it works as it should. Any ideas. I'm using blue iris.